Friday, December 2, 2022

Stay Cozy Fox ~ Kindness is Like Snow ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a CAS card featuring the new Kindness is Like Snow stamp that was just released for Unity's Cyber Week Sale. I've been wanting to play with a CAS card idea on black card stock and thought this beautiful fox stamp would be perfect with this design.


I used an oval shaped stencil from My Favorite Things called Oval Extraordinaire to mask my True Black card front and ink blended Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks over the oval opening. First I ink blended Tumbled Glass and then I went over that with the Chipped Sapphire. I then blended a bit of the Black Soot around the edges.


I kept the stencil and a post it note on my card front and splattered some white acrylic paint over the ink blended oval. Love the starry night sky this created! I stamped the beautiful fox and colored it with the following Copic Markers:

Fox ~ E95, E97, E09
Scarf ~ V000, V12, V15, V17


I fussy cut the fox and popped it up on the card using foam tape. I originally used the 'Kindness is like snow.." sentiment but then I realized that there's no snow on my card and it didn't make any sense to use that sentiment. So... I pulled it off of my card as carefully as I could. It wasn't pretty. To cover up the mess I die cut another card front of True Black card stock with a stitched hillside die. I pulled up the bottom of the fox and then I adhered the card front slightly under the fox. I stamped the 'stay cozy' sentiment, trimmed it and adhered it in the bottom right corner. Still pretty CAS but I did have to add that layer to cover up my boo boo. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. The fox is beautiful! Nice card.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.