Friday, March 11, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 20 ~ Let it Snow ~ Doodlebug Design Inc.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 20... and I've had another pretty busy week at home with homeschool, DT stuff and just everyday stuff so I only had a bit of time to make my Christmas card. Doodlebug Design ephemera and pretty papers to the rescue!! 


For this week's card I went with more of a wintry theme with just a touch of Christmas with the candy cane and present. I chose the cute bear and squirrel ephemera and the present ephemera first from the Doodlebug Design Let it Snow Odds & End die cut (ephemera) pack. And I picked a few different sentiments from the Chit Chat die cut pack just to give me a few options for when I put the card together.


And then I started looking through my leftover pieces from the Let it Snow paper pad. I've used a lot of this paper pad, but I was still able to find a couple almost full sheets of the 6x6" papers. I trimmed my layers to fit the sketch measurements and then mat them on Green Galore card stock (another retired SU card stock... or at least as far as I know it's still retired).


I adhered all the layers together and then adhered them to a white A2 top fold card base. I adhered the little present to the bear and squirrel ephemera and then adhered a layer of card stock under the squirrel and the top of the bear's head so that the ephemera piece would lay flat on my card. I adhered the bear and squirrel to the card with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue. I chose the 'let it snow' sentiment and popped it up on the card with foam tape. Another cute Christmas card for my stash!


Have you checked out the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 20 over at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook groupI hope you'll come join in the fun and maybe even play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with another Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.