Friday, May 17, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 45 ~ Newton's Stocking ~ Newton's Nook Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with more inspiration for the {BYSHC} Sketch 45 over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card featuring the adorable Newton's Stocking Stamp Set from our awesome sponsor, Newton's Nook Designs! Newton's Nook Designs has generously offered up a $20 gift code as a prize for the  this month! Have you played along with the sketch?!


I paired up sweet Newton from the Newton's Stocking Stamp Set with the adorable Meowy Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad. They compliment each other so well. I couldn't help but color up a red stocking. So classic for Christmas but now that I'm looking at it with the papers maybe I should have done blue or green. 


I stamped the sweet kitty and sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Stampers Select White Card Stock from Papertrey Ink. And then I colored up the kitty using a handful of Copic markers. 

Here's a quick list of the markers I used:

Kitty: R00, R20, YR21, YR15, Colorless Blender
Stocking / Santa Hat: C00, C1, R20, R14, R46


I adhered the pattern papers together and then I cut a few strands of twine, thread it through the hole in the tag and then I tied a pretty bow. I added a few pieces of foam tape to the top and bottom of the tag so it lays flat over the twine. I then adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base that I turned on the side for a landscape card. I fussy cut the kitty on the black line and popped him up on the card with foam tape. I can't believe I still don't have the coordinating Newton's Stocking Die Set. Definitely adding that to my next order! I actually die cut the cute tag using a small tag from the Frames & Tags Die Set before I stamped the sentiment. 


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 45 for the month of May. I am loving this sketch! I can't wait to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of wonderful inspiration this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.