Friday, May 31, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 45 ~ Fireside Friends ~ Newton's Nook Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with one last card for the {BYSHC} Sketch 45 over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing an adorable Christmas card featuring the cute Fireside Friends Stamp Set from our amazing sponsor, Newton's Nook Designs! Newton's Nook Designs has generously offered up a $20 gift code as a prize for the winner of this month's challenge! Please take note that today is the last day to enter the challenge!


I paired up the super sweet Fireside Friends Stamp Set with the cute Christmas Time 6x6 Paper Pad. I thought the houses complimented the fireside scene so well! I was very tempted to add more to the background of the scene. That's a lot of white... but I didn't want to take away from the cute stamp.


I stamped the sweet Fireside Friends and sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Stampers Select White Card Stock from Papertrey Ink that I had cut down to 4-1/16 x 4". And then I colored up the critters and fireplace using a bunch of Copic markers. 

Here's a quick list of the Copic Markers I used:
White Kitty: C00, C1, C3, R00, R20
Orange Kitty: YR21, YR15, R00, R20, Colorless Blender
Pup: E51, E55, E57, N3, N5, N7, B0000, B00
Rug: R20, R14, R46
Garland: YG11, G24, G46
Bow: R20, R14, R46
Fireplace: C00, C1, C3, N0, N1, N3, N5
Grate: N3, N5, N7
Wood: E53, E55, E57
Fire: Y06, YR21, YR15, YR68


I trimmed the angle on the right of the stamped panel using the measurements from the sketch. I measured 3-1/4" on the top of the paper and made a tick mark with pencil. I measured the bottom at 3" and made another tick mark. And then I measured up from the bottom right corner to 1-3/4". I made my final tick mark and then I trimmed the angle using my Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine Comfort Paper Trimmer. I adhered the panel to my 5-1/4 x 4" piece of pattern paper and then adhered it to a 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" piece of Pure Poppy Card Stock from Papertrey Ink. I then adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base that I turned on the side for a landscape card. I finished off the card with a few enamel dots.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 45 for the month of May. I've really enjoyed this sketch! Remember... today is the last day to enter this challenge! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! The design team has really done a phenomenal job with this sketch.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.