Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ November 2023 Whit Kit Merry Everything Poinsettia ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with one more card featuring the gorgeous November 2023 Whit Kit called Merry Everything Poinsettia from Unity! Pretty sure I mentioned this last time but I have to repeat myself... this kit is Gorgeous!


I played a bit with the papers, stamps and the embossing folder!! All so fun! I trimmed a piece of the red snowflake paper down to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and then I placed it in the embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. I then die cut the paper using the second largest die from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. I mat it with a slightly larger piece of gold foil paper from Stampin' Up measuring 3-3/4 x 5". I also cut a little 1/8" strip and adhered that across the paper.


I adhered the panel to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of the plaid pattern paper from the kit. I then adhered the entire panel to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2". I set the card aside and stamped the solid poinsettia using Candied Apple Distress Oxide on white card stock. I then ink thumped the edges using the Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink. If you're not familiar with ink thumping, I shared this technique for Technique Tuesday. You can check out the video for that here... Ink Cube Thumping Technique. I used oxides this time but it's the same technique. 


I used an acetate grid to place the loopy flower just where I wanted it. I applied some anti-static powder over the dried red poinsettia and then stamped it with Wow Clear Embossing Ink. I applied some gold embossing powder from my stash. It's from Stampin' Up... I think it's called Gold Glory. I don't know. It's been in my stash for years! I melted the ep with my heat tool and fussy cut the poinsettia. The white in the background was too white so I distressed the edges of the poinsettia with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiments with the same technique except on Vintage Cream card stock from Papertrey Ink. It coordinates perfectly with the coloring I added using Vintage Photo on the poinsettia. I trimmed up the sentiments and adhered them to the card. To finish it up, I added foam tape to the back of the poinsettia and popped it up on the card.


Here's a look at the wonderful Whit Kit for November!! It's such a gorgeous kit! I've had so much fun playing with it! That's it for me today! Next week I'll be sharing a card featuring the awesome new December 2023 Whit Kit on my Instagram. You'll probably be surprised to hear that it's another beautiful kit! LOL! I'll be back here on the blog in two weeks with inspiration for one of the fab December memberships. Not quite sure at this point which one I want to play with first. {Of course, they are ALL amazing!!} Until then, have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.