Friday, December 17, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 17 ~ Extra Sweet Christmas ~ Polka Dot Orchard

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge for the month of December... today's card features a sweet new digital stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard called Extra Sweet Christmas!!


What do you think?! Pretty cute, right? I created the background by first ink smooshing Bundled Sage, Mowed Lawn and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide inks on a piece of white card stock. I made sure to dry it completely with my heat tool and then I printed the resized background digital snowflakes stamp on the ink smooshed background.


I trimmed the background to 3-11/16 x 4-13/16"and mat it on a 3-7/8 x 5" piece of Real Red card stock. I mat it again on a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of Garden Green card stock and then adhered it to a Real Red card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2".


I used a leftover piece of the ink smooshed background for my angled strip and adhered it to the background. I used a 1/2" scrap of Garden Green card stock across the background and to cover up where those two pieces meet, I added a skinny strip of Real Red card stock that's 1/8" wide.


Now for the plate of cookies... does it look like a plate of cookies to you? That's what I was going for... I sure hope it does. I resized the snowflakes from the digital stamp set in different sizes and placed them in kind of a circular formation. And then I printed them off. I colored the snowflakes very simply with R14 and R20 Copic Markers. I die cut the snowflakes with two stitched circle dies and colored the edges with C00 and C2 Copic Markers. I die cut an extra outer piece to adhere under the colored piece so it looked a bit more like a plate. I die cut the larger circle one more time and cut it to be a bit smaller so I could adhere my plate layers to it. I then adhered the plate to my card.


I combined and resized the Christmas tree cookies in a Microsoft Word Document. I printed them off along with the sentiment. Time to color! I used the following Copic Markers...

Cookie base ~ E30, E33
Green icing ~ YG11, G14, G24
Stars ~ Y06, Y15
Red & White Candy Garland ~ C00, C2, R14, R20
Red Swirly Garland ~ R14, R20


The sentiment is just trimmed and then adhered to the card... easy peasy!


Here's a look at Sketch 17... join us in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group for inspiration and fun!

I have a short Copic coloring video for the cookies and the snowflakes, if you are interested check it out here... Christmas Tree Cookie Coloring ~ Extra Sweet Christmas Digital Stamp Set.


I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next Friday with my weekly Christmas card using this month's sketch! Head over to Polka Dot Orchard to check out all the fun new releases!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.