Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Get Well Soon ~ Unity Sketch Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I was so busy with the Advent Calendar posts the last few weeks that I forgot to share my cards for Unity's last new release and sale of 2021. Today, I'm sharing a get well soon card that I made using the December Sketch and the newly released Quiet That Voice kit.


This new Angie Girl spoke to my soul... so many have struggled over the last two years, but even before the madness and uncertainty the pandemic has brought I know that some have struggled for even longer. The sentiments in this kit are amazing and one in particular is special to me as it's my very own quote ~ "Embrace your strengths and talents and quiet that voice in your head that says you can't, because you can!" I'm so honored to have it in red rubber!!


The background is a card front of Bermuda Bay card stock from Stampin' Up that I stamped with the A Faithful Letter background stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. I wanted a distressed look so I didn't cover the stamp completely with ink ~ just inked up spots here and there. The Rustic Floral papers from Brutus Monroe measure 3-1/2 x 4-3/4". I pulled my color palette for coloring from these beautiful papers.

I stamped the sentiment and new Angie Girl with Gina K. Black Amalgam ink and colored her with the following Copic markers:

Skin / Lips ~ E000, E00, E11; R20, RV32
Hair ~ E43, E44, E47
Nails / Necklace ~ YR05, YR15; R08, R17
Shirt ~ BG13, BG70, BG72 
Blanket ~ YR09, YR15, YR20
Background ~ YR15, YR21


I fussy cut around the image leaving a border and then trimmed around the sentiment to fit the pattern paper. The card was finished with a few enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs. A sweet card to send to a friend who is ill or just not feeling well.


If you haven't already, check out the December Sketch challenge over in the Unity Show & Tell group. There's only a few more days to play along!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.