Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Paper Piecing ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


This time I thought I'd play with pretty pattern papers and do some Paper Piecing. What is Paper Piecing? Well, basically it's like playing with paper dolls. Stamping on pretty pattern paper and cutting out the pieces you want to adhere to the image. I always think of it as paper dolls because I use it mostly for dressing up the beautiful Angie Girls.


Bailey Girl is perfect for paper piecing because she is a big stamp. I mean she's as big as my hand! If your no fan of fussy cutting little pieces... Bailey Girl is the stamp to paper piece.


 I stamped Bailey Girl on a piece of white card stock using Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. And I colored up her hair and skin. Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up Bailey Girl:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair: YR31, E43, E44
Mug: B0000, B000, B02
Finger Nails: RV0000, RV93


I paper pieced Bailey Girl using the beautiful Cozy Textiles 6x6 paper pack. Love these cozy papers! They are a favorite of mine! I also used these papers for my background on the card front. I die cut the blue denim plaid using the Pleated Lace Mini Slimline dies from Gina Marie Designs.

You can check out my process video here for my card... Paper Piecing Technique | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co.



Time has not been on my side lately so the other cards I had hoped to share with you will have to wait for another day. Instead, I found a few on my blog to share using this fun technique. I hope you like them. 


Sharing a fun twist on this technique on a card that I created a few years ago. I paper pieced the polka dots on the cow... so fun!! This card features Sassy Bessie. You can check out the details for this card here... Cow Bday Card.


A fun CAS-ish design for this beautiful Angie Girl card using Peyton Girl. I had fun using colorful papers with this one. You can check out the details here... Peyton Card.


Surprise! My last card is a holiday card! Anyone really surprised by that?! Hahaha... this one features the gorgeous Elsa Girl and only has a touch of paper piecing on her sweater. I used the same papers on my background which makes the sweater really pop. You can check out the details for this card here... 'Tis the Season Card.

Another fun technique! I sure hope you're inspired to pull out your stamps and give Paper Piecing a try. If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.