Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Heartfelt Holiday Wishes ~ Velveteen Noel ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
I finally had some time to play with the new releases at Unity. Of course, I had to play with the new Velveteen Rabbit stamps! Oh my heart... so I've mentioned a few times before that my daughter loves bunnies. I got her The Velveteen Rabbit book years ago and it's a favorite for us! 


And I do love to make Christmas cards so... it was only natural for me to be drawn to the Velveteen Noel stamps. So cute! I gave my card a vintage feel with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


Inspiration for my card came from the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 15. I flipped the sketch and omitted the fishtail banner for a small sentiment on the side. 


The background is stamped with The Wisdom of Becoming Real background stamp and then I ink smooshed it just a bit with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink. I also splattered some Vintage Photo Distress ink that was left on my desk. I colored up the adorable Velveteen Rabbit with the following Copic markers:

Rabbit: W00, W1, W3, W5, R20
Stocking: C00, C1, C3, R20, R14, R46, YG11, G24, G46


I die cut the background layer, a piece of vellum card stock and a piece of Kraft card stock using dies from the Postage Stamp {nesting dies}. I wrapped the corners of the background layer with a bit of Ivory May Arts Burlap String that I secured on the back of the panel with some tape.

I'm entering my card in the Cut It Up Challenge #287 Inspired by a Book.

Head on over to Unity to check out all the fab new releases! Lots of cute holiday stamps and, of course, the fun Velveteen Rabbit stamps! Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Crystal. I'm so glad you decided to play along with us at Cut it Up Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Larelyn! And thank you for sharing the challenge with me. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.