Friday, October 6, 2023

Hug in a Mug ~ Christmas Quilt ~ A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
I had started another card for my guest designing gig with A Colorful Life Designs last month, but time got away from me and I didn't get it completed until now. So today I'm sharing a fun Winter card featuring a lovely stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. Have you checked out the selection of stencils over at A Colorful Life Designs yet? All so AMAZING! AND they just released a crazy amount of new holiday stencils! OMG!! You have to go take a look! 


I had a fun idea while playing with the Christmas Quilt Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. I wondered how it would look if I shifted it using two different colors. I did it originally on a scrap of white card stock and I really liked it. So I decided for this card, I wanted to give it a go on Kraft card stock. I blended Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink over the stencil. I shifted the stencil so the design would overlap and I blended Rustic Wilderness over top. I love it! 


These fun ladies are from an exclusive STAMPtember stamp set, a collaboration from Art Impressions and Simon Says Stamp called Hug in a Mug. This exclusive set from 2021 is no longer available, unfortunately. But I'm super happy that I finally inked it up! Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up these ladies:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04
Brown Hair: E51, E53, E55
Green Hat: YG11, G24, G46, E51, E53, E55, C00, C1, C3
Teal Hoodie: BG70, BG72, BG75
Jeans: B91, B95, B97
Black Boots: N0, N1, N3, N5, N7
Tan Glove: E53, E55, BG72, BG75
Red Mug: R20, R14, R46
Straw: G24, G46
White Hair: C00, C1, C3
Red Hat: C00, C1, C3, R20, R14, R46
Red Scarf: R20, R14, R46
Ivory Sweater: E81, E43
Black Pants: N0, N1, N3, N5, N7
Brown Boots: E51, E53, E55, E57, E59
Blue Gloves: BG70, BG72
Green Mug: YG11, G24, G46


I heat embossed the sentiment using Sugar Cube Pigment ink, Alabaster White embossing powder and my heat tool on Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink that I had die cut using the Land Border Die Set from Newton's Nook Designs. I trimmed the stenciled panel and adhered the sentiment. Trimmed off the excess and adhered the whole panel onto a white A2 top fold card base.

You can check out my process video here... Hug in a Mug | Christmas Quilt Stencil | A Colorful Life Designs.




 Be sure to head over to A Colorful Life Designs and check out their amazing selection of stencils. Since I'm no longer a guest designer for them my code doesn't work, but my sweet friend Von Marie is on the design team so you can use code VonFan10 for 10% OFF your order! Have a wonderful weekend friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.