Saturday, July 4, 2020

~ Friends of Unity July 2020 Blog Hop ~

Hello there crafty friend!
First of all, Happy 4th of July!!! I hope that you all have a wonderful celebration!!
Now, let's get to some crafty fun with the Friends of Unity hop!! Today we are doing something fun and we're sharing inspiration using the Paper Piecing Technique!!!


Usually when I hear the words paper piecing I think of paper dolls... basically it's the same thing as paper dolls. We're dressing them up in cute patterned paper! But for this hop, I wanted to do something a little different!


What do you think? Hee hee!! 
I love these cute cow with polka dots! This sweet cow is from the Sassy Bessie kit and I used two paper packs for this one... the red bandanna paper is from the Down on the Farm paper pack and the black with white polka dots is from the Kraft in Color - Color paper pack, both by Doodlebug Design. 


I colored up the scene with the following Copic markers:
Cow ~ C00, C1, E0000, E000, E01, N0, N2, N4, R00, R20
Flowers ~ R0000, R14, G24, YG23, Y000, Y13, Y15
Background ~ YG0000, YG06, YG11, YG17, B0000, B000, B00


I adhered all of my layers to a True Black card front and then adhered the entire panel to a white top-fold A2 card base. I just love how this card turned out!


I decided to paper piece an entire scene for this one using dies for the background and the sweet birds from the I'm Obsessed Birdies kit. In retrospect, I think it needs a sun... or maybe clouds. I may still add those but I was running out of time and just had to call it done.


All of the papers for this one are from the Hoppy Easter paper pad by Doodlebug Design.


I did add a bit of Copic coloring to the birds with the following markers ~ YR15, YR16, R21, R32, V15, V25. I adhered all of the paper layers together and then adhered them to a white top-fold A2 card base. The tips of the grass are not glued down to I can give the card a little dimension.


And my last card is a Christmas card!! Yes, one Christmas card done for the stash! Whoohoo!!
I've been waiting very patiently for Gina Marie Design to come out with her slimline dies and they are in and mine came just in time for me to make this card!! I used the No Frills Plain Slim Line die for my base piece. I die cut that from Kraft card stock. I then adhered the grey snowflake and green with white polka dots paper to the Kraft card stock and distressed the edges. I wrapped the panel with two pieces of  May Arts Burlap Natural String and tied a double bow. 


I then die cut a Scalloped Stitched Slim Line from white card stock and adhered it to a Kraft slim line card base measuring 3-1/2 x 8-1/2". I then popped up the focal panel with foam tape and set it aside. 


I stamped the beautiful Arianna Girl kit with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her up with the following Copic markers:
Skin ~ E0000, E000, E01, E11
Hair ~ E50, E51, E53, E55
Halo ~ YG11, G24, G46
Flowers ~ YG11, G24, R0000, R14, R46



The paper I used to paper piece Arianna Girl is The Holiday Collection by Avery Elle. There's an assortment of Holiday themed papers in this pack but I decided to go with the softer palette of colors. It looks so beautiful with the kraft! To finish off this card, I added a few sequins that I received with my KOM last month. I'm so excited to have a Christmas card done for my stash!

Be sure to hop along and check out all the creations we have to share with you... I'll be picking a winner from the comments for a fun grab bag prize!

As always, thank you SO MUCH for hopping along with us and commenting! 
I appreciate it so very much!


Let's get hopping...

Crystal <--- you're here

up next ---> Kim








Thanks so much for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

30 comments:

  1. I love all your paper pieced animals ( Bessy’s spotted spots are adorable) . The angel is so serenely pretty! Love the use of patterned paper as a background too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! All of your card are fantastic! Yes, paper piecing takes me back to my paperdoll days (I played with them more than regular dolls!), but I don't do it enough. Thank you for the inspiration! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very creative paper piecing going on in this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful cards! Did you fussy cut the pieces that you paper pieced in on the angel, cow and birds? Very lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper piecing is such a fun thing to do, I love all your samples

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paper piecing is such a fun technique, you've created three lovely cards. My fave are the spots on the cow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your cow card. Love the polka dot paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love all. Specially the cute cow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome images for paper piecing! I really love the cow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful piercing
    on the cards. I love
    the Angel card, so
    pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all fantastic. This is not a technique I have ever tried I will have to have a play

    Claire
    Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute and pretty with the paper piecing. I really like the cow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so beautiful! The cow is perfect with her polka dot spots and I love the red bandana paper with the black. Being a 'bird nerd' as my hubby calls me, I adore those sweet birdies. And the angel is really pretty & sweet; her dress is lovely. So happy that slimline cards made a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! Your cards are so cute! I really love all the pattern paper piecings! You always make the most amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome cards. Love paper piecing. These rock. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paper piecing is one of my favorite of techniques. You have done some cute things with these animals and I love the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crystal, you rocked your paper piecing! I love the paper pieced spots on the cow...too cute! Your paper pieced scene is ahmazing and your angel card is so sweet! Thanks for all these creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the polka dot spots on the cow! What a great idea! The birdies are so colorful and playful. Arianna Girl is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards. Love the cow! However the Christmas card is pretty special. It's different from a typical Christmas card & love💓💓 the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That cow card is adorable, Crystal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very creative. I love the pattern spots on the cow and that bandanna paper is awesome. The birds and all those patters and darling. And that angel slimline is amazing. Just wonderful cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All 3 cards are great. I love the effect of paper piecing and need to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cow is so cute! Great job on all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all awesome!!!!!!!! That cow is so cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are so cute and I love that paper pieced cow!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Paper piecing was one of the first techniques I learned when I started stamping and I still love it. That cow card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these cards. That cow is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The paper pieced critters are soo adorable. I love the look of paper piecing but rarely get around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.