Monday, November 14, 2022

Membership Monday ~ Color Burst Backgrounds ~ November 2022 Kit of the Month ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for Membership Monday with inspiration for the November 2022 Kit of the Month! Today I’m sharing fun watercolored cards using Color Burst which is a fine concentrated powder colorant to be used with water on porous surfaces. A wonderful and quick way to make a great background to showcase any stamp!


For my first card, I stamped Santa with VersaFine Onyx Black ink on Canson XL Watercolor paper. I used ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers to watercolor Santa. Fussy cut him and set him aside.


Santa's background was created with Terre Verte and Chartreuse Color Bursts. I love the texture that the bursts of color give to the card!


The trimmed background was mat with a green card stock measuring 4 x 5-1/4". It was then adhered to a red card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" that was adhered to a white A2 top fold card base.


My second card and I have to say I really love the pop of colors on this one! Same steps as the first card, I stamped it with VersaFine Onyx Black ink on Canson XL Watercolor paper and used ZIGs to watercolor it.


The background was created with Ultramarine Blue and Violet Color Bursts. I used a heat tool to help the drying process on both of the backgrounds. 


This panel was trimmed to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered to a purple card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base, as well. You can check out my video sharing this technique here… Quick Color Burst Backgrounds | November 2022 Kit of the Month | Unity Stamp Co.




Here’s a look at the whole Kit of the Month for November!! Isn't it awesome?! I couldn't wait for this KOM to get to my mailbox!


Hope you've been inspired to get inky with your November Kit of the Month and if you haven't received yours yet, why not try this technique with stamps from a past KOM! I just love this technique. I hope you'll give it a try.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.