Saturday, November 12, 2022

Ink Smooshed Butterfly Cards ~ Wings & Petals Ledger ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today's the last day to order from the Brown Thursday Sale over at Unity Stamp Co. I'm sharing the two cards I made using the beautiful Wings & Petals Ledger background stamp from the Brown Thursday release!!


Both of these cards were so quick and easy... I inked smooshed a card front with Squeezed Lemonade, Evergreen Bough and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks. 


Once I was happy with the ink smooshed background and dried it completely with my heat tool, I stamped the beautiful Wings & Petals Ledger over top with Ranger Jet Black Archival ink.


I trimmed the background to 3-7/16 x 4-11/16" and adhered it to a piece of white card stock die cut with the largest die from the Pleated Lace Rectangles dies from Gina Marie Designs.


For this background I just ink smooshed Squeezed Lemonade and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide inks. I really love these two colors together!


I trimmed this background to the same size I mentioned earlier. Once I had the backgrounds adhered to the die cut panels, I adhered them both to True Black card fronts. I love how the black background brings the stamped images into focus!


The 'happy birthday' sentiment is die cut using the beautiful Chic Script Salutations {die set}... which is currently on sale during Black Friday but it ends today!! I die cut both words four times and adhered two pairs together to give the sentiment a bit of dimension. I do think I'll die cut it one more time in black for my second card and adhere it on top of the white. It seems to get a bit lost in the background but I think if it's black it'll pop more. Head over to Unity and check out the amazing sale before it ends!!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.