Saturday, November 26, 2022

Bookmark Pocket Slimline Card ~ Winnie the Pooh: Enjoy the Day, Pooh ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today is the last day for the Black Friday sale over at Unity Stamp Co!! I don't know about you but each addition to the Winnie the Pooh stamps has been a must have for me!! I couldn't wait to play with the new Enjoy the Day, Pooh!! Who doesn't love a cute picnic stamp!? 


This fun bookmark pocket slimline card would make a fun little gift for a book loving friend. I made the bookmark using a slimline die from Pinkfresh Studio called Slim Ornate Banner. I punched a hole on the top with a handy Crop-a-Dile... anyone else still have one of these in their stash? I added a couple pretty ribbons and tied them off with {Natural} May Arts Burlap string.


To make the pocket on the card I die cut two pieces of pattern paper from the Apple Pickin' {paper pack} from Unity using the . I trimmed them to fit on the 8-1/2 x 3-1/2" card base leaving a skinny border of Spring Moss card stock from Papertrey Ink. I adhered those layers together and then also die cut a piece of Vellum card stock, also from Papertrey Ink. I trimmed it to the same size as the light green pattern paper. I adhered it along the outer edges with Plus Vellum glue tape {not sure of the actual brand... this was a gift from a crafty friend}. 


How cute is this picnic stamp, though?! I believe this is another wonderful illustration by Angie Blom. I just love her stamps so much!





I tried to keep the Copic coloring for this pretty simple and just used two Copic markers for each image with exception to Piglet's sweater and the picnic blanket... I think I used three markers for those. I know some that are new to Copics get intimated by all the markers... I did when I was just starting out so I hope showing how easy it is with just a couple markers to achieve nice shading will help some of you take the leap and give Copics {or the other alcohol markers} a try. Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:

Skin ~ E00, E11
Hair ~ E30, E33
Pooh / Shirt ~ Y11, Y15
Shorts ~ B00, B12
Honey Pot ~ R20, R14
Piglet ~ RV10, RV21, RV14
Dishes ~ B000, B00
Cookies ~ E33, E35
Picnic Blanket ~ YG91, C00, YG95
Flowers ~ Y15, RV21
Grass ~ YG03, YG11
Rock ~ N1, N4
Book / Socks ~ C00, C2
Shoes ~ N4, N6


Head over to Unity and check out all the fab new releases... and the wonderful Black Friday deals!!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.