Friday, February 26, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #7 ~ More Milk & Cookies ~ Doodlebug Design

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with one last Christmas card using sketch #7 for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #7 in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. And yes, I just had to use the adorable Milk & Cookies papers from Doodlebug Design again!! I really am trying to use up these papers... I still have SO much!! Anywho... this was another super quick card!


No joke! It took me longer to decide if I wanted to go landscape or portrait for this one more than anything else. The papers were easy... since the main piece is busy with Santa and the fun Christmas scene I wanted to go with less busy papers for my background panels. The tan paper is kind of busy with images but not in color so I think it works well as a background. I have the papers mat on a piece of kraft card stock and then a mat of Real Red card stock and a card base of kraft card stock.


The main focal piece is also a paper that is included in the paper pad. I had already cut into this paper to use the other side of the double sided paper but I'd been looking at this one piece trying to figure out a way to use it in this sketch. The Stitched Arch STAX from My Favorite Things was the perfect dies to die cut the focal piece and work around the portion that I had already used. Woohoo! I also used another cut apart sentiment from the paper pad. I trimmed down the Seasons Greetings and adhered it to a die cut piece of kraft card stock. I adhered it to the bottom of the main piece and then popped up the whole piece. It almost looks like a snow globe which is why I added some shimmer to the Santa scene.


It's so hard to get a good photo of the shimmer though. I used a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer pen for the shimmer and in person it really is like a snow globe! You can see bits of the shimmer in each of the photos or maybe I'm imagining it. LOL Hopeful thinking!


Here's another look at the {BYSHC} Sketch #7.
There's just a couple more days to play along! Head over to the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog to see more inspiration using this fun and super easy sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.