Friday, February 12, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #7 ~ Santa & the Mrs. ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I have had such a busy week... I wasn't sure that I would make it with this weeks Christmas card, but thankfully I already had this sweet design started so I was able to find time to finish it. I'm still trying to use up that Milk & Cookies paper pad by Doodlebug Design I've been hoarding. I still have lots and lots of paper left but I'm making progress! The sweet Santa & the Mrs. stamps from Unity Stamp Co. were also in the pile of stamps I wanted to create holiday cards for last year... so it only made sense to pair it up with these papers! Let's check out the card...


I always like to play around with sketches and change things up a bit... for this one I've altered the measurements to work for a 5 x 5" square card. The holly patterned paper measures 2-1/2 x 4-3/4" and the brick is 2-1/8 x 4-3/4". I love how the Santa is over the brick paper like he's going down a chimney and Mrs. Claus has that little holly in her hair that plays off the holly paper. Perfection!


I chose not to mat the papers and just use a 5 x 5" Real Red card front for the card. I adhered that to a 5 x 10" white card base that I scored at 5". The main focal piece was stamped on a large scrap of white card stock and then colored with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E0000, E00, E11, R00, R20
Hair ~ C00 C2
Clothes ~ R000, R14, R27, N0, N2, N3, N4, N6, Y06, Y17
Gingerbread Man ~ E21, E23, E25
Holly ~ YG11, G14, G46, R14
Santa's List ~ N0, N3



I just realized I didn't color the sky behind them! Ooops! Well, I did add a little C00 and C2 for the snow. Lol! Anywho... I die cut the colored image with the Stitched Square Stacklets die from Taylored Expressions and mat it with a 3 x 3" piece of Real Red card stock. I stamped the Merry & Bright sentiment with Wow Clear embossing ink and heat embossed Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I trimmed the sentiment and cut the ends for a banner. I adhered the top part of the sentiment to the focal piece with Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue and then popped the whole thing up with foam tape. Love it!


Here's another look at the sketch for {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #7.
I hope you'll come join us over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and start building your stash of holiday cards along with us!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.