Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February 2021 Uniquely Unity ~ Pure Magic Happy Birthday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

I shared a few birthday cards that I made the other day using the new February 2021 Uniquely Unity stamp set called Pure Magic and I had lots of questions about how I made them so I decided I'd make a couple more so I could share how I made them. They are really quite easy once all the papers are cut to size and the little bit of coloring and ink blending is done.


I really like the light cream colored one that I made originally so I decided to make another one just like it and luckily I had another piece of the same the paper that I had used. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the other papers I had already used so I decided to go with this pretty green paper that is also in the Tattered & Worn paper pack from The Paper Studio. 


The patterned paper is trimmed to 4-1/4 x 4-1/2" and it's adhered to a card front of Fine Linen card stock from Papertrey Ink that measures 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". The black strips are 1/8 x 4-1/4"... a little trick that I do rather than adding a whole layer underneath the patterned paper. It gives the illusion of a mat but keeps the card thin for mailing.


I did very minimal Copic coloring with E51 and E55 for this card and a little ink blending just around the edges with Antique Linen. The sentiment is from the Abundant Blessing Sentiment kit, also from Unity Stamp Co. It's stamped on True Black card stock with Wow Clear embossing ink and I heat embossed Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe with my Mini Wagner heat tool.


I followed the very same steps for this card. The focal piece is trimmed down to 2-1/2 x 4-1/8". And the card front for this one is Always Artichoke card stock.


I used YG61 & YG63 for some simple Copic coloring and Bundled Sage for the ink blending around the edges. The sentiment strips are trimmed to 2-9/16 x 15/16".

I also have a video on my YouTube channel of how I created these two cards. You can check out that video here... Simple Copic Coloring & Ink Blending | Pure Magic Birthday Cards.






Another quick look at the two cards that I created.


And here's a look at the original four that I created. I do love how quick these cards came together!
I hope that this post and the video I've shared has helped those that asked how I made these cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Crystal! I absolutely love love love the black strip trick! I'm going to totally adopt that practice! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  2. I love your cards Crystal! I may have to try my hand at this design. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards! The details are fab! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Crystal, these are just exquisite and I love your tip about using a thin strip of card stock to give the illusion of layering and matting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment, Karen! I appreciate it so much!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.