Friday, February 5, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #7 ~ Milk & Cookies ~ Doodlebug Design

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing five cards that I created for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #7 using the adorable Milk & Cookies papers by Doodlebug Design!! I adore Doodlebug Design papers and these ones I've been hoarding... but no more! I'm trying to use up these papers so when the new designs come out this year I'll have room for them! Woohoo!


Here's a look at all five cards together. Aren't they just the cutest?! I used the cut-apart papers for my focal pieces... such easy cards to make. It did take some time to get all the papers and card stock cut, but other than that and adhering all the layers... super quick!


For my first card I actually flipped the sketch... kinda. I kept the bottom layers {striped and brick papers} the same as in the sketch, but flipped the focal piece. It definitely worked for this design! So cute! I love that adorable gingerbread man! I used Pool Party and Real Red card stock from Stampin' Up for my mats and card front. And also used a scrap of white card stock to mat the focal piece.


The sentiments for all of these cards are also part of the cut-aparts in the paper pack. They worked perfectly for this card sketch too! I had fun mixing and matching the papers for all the cards. I used Real Red from Stampin' Up and New Leaf from Papertrey Ink for this card.


Now this one isn't very Christmassy, so I may add another sentiment to the card to give it more of a holiday feel... OR I might just give it to my hubby for Valentine's Day. Not sure. Either way... its adorable and also came together super quick! I used Pool Party and Real Red card stock from Stampin' Up! for this one, as well.


Eeep! How cute is this one?! I love that sweet cake! I chose the hearts and polka dots for the background papers to play off of the hearts and polka dots on and around the cake. Just perfect! Now for this one, I used Real Red card stock again, but I also wanted the pink in the papers to pop so I used Lovely Lady card stock from Papertrey Ink. Isn't that sentiment strip just perfect?! I added a couple of tiny scrap layers on either end of the strip to keep it level with the focal piece. Love!


And the last one... which is probably my most favorite! Love that cute Santa! I used Pool Party and Real Red card stock again for this one. The sentiment is also a cut-apart but I did make it a bit more sturdy by adhering it to a layer of red card stock. A trick I used for most of the sentiment strips.




Well, I'm definitely ahead this month for my goal of a Christmas card a week! I'm super happy with how all of these cute cards turned out. Check your stash of Christmas papers... you may just have some with these quick cut-aparts too! They are perfect for this month's sketch challenge. I hope you'll come join us over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group and start building your stash of holiday cards along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

7 comments:

  1. Just darling! LOVE LOVE doodlebug papers. Great ideas! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them! I still want to use this sketch! I have some ATCs to work on first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I hope you get a chance to play along!

      Delete
  3. Love all of your cards! And love that you are using great Doodlebug papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout. I'm a huge Doodlebug fan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.