Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Membership Wednesday ~ September 2024 KOM Wander and Wonder ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a vintage style holiday card featuring the awesome poinsettia stamp from the September 2024 Kit of the Month membership from Unity called Wander and Wonder. I love to color poinsettias!! And I was so excited to find the background piece in my stash of 'maybe later' panels.


I started this card by stamping the lovely poinsettia and sentiment on white card stock with Black Amalgam ink. I then Copic colored the beautiful poinsettia. I actually recorded my coloring for this one and have a short video sharing that with you all {below}. 

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Pinks: RV0000, RV00, RV10, RV11, RV14
Greens: YG11, G24, G46
Yellows: YG21, Y15, Y35





Once I was happy with my coloring I fussy cut the poinsettia on the line and distressed the edges just a bit with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I trimmed the sentiment and then distressed it a bit with the same blending brush. I wanted to keep it light so I didn't add any more ink to the brush.


 I set aside the poinsettia and looked through my background panels that didn't work out for another project and went into my 'maybe later' container. I found a kraft panel from last year that I had blended over the Burlap Stencil using the Tsukineko's Champagne ink, both from the October 2023 Whit Kit. It was perfect for my card! I ink smooshed the panel with some Kitsch Flamingo and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I then die cut the panel using the largest die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies from Unity. I distressed the edges of the panel using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then splattered the panel with some watered down Ground Espresso Distress Ink. I adhered the sentiment to the poinsettia and then added a bunch of foam tape to the back of both and popped them up on the card.
 

Here's a quick look at this month's Kit of the Month membership! So in love with this month's KOM!!

Well, that's it for me today! I hope you've been inspired to play with your membership stamps! 
Hope you have an inkredible day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great job coloring. The background panel is perfect! I love this KOM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.