Sunday, September 1, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 ~ Snow Many Flakes ~ Therm O Web

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a fun Christmas card featuring some awesome crafty goodies from our amazing sponsor, Therm O Web! Therm O Web has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 this month! So awesome!!


I started with a fun, but sadly retired Deco Foil Toner Card Front called Snow Many Flakes by Therm O Web and Unity for my snowflake layer. Therm O Web has a whole bunch of Deco Foil Toner Card Fronts available on their website though. I trimmed a piece of Silver Shattered Glass Deco Foil Transfer Sheet and laid it on top of the card front foil facing up. I heated up my laminator for a few extra minutes after the green light turned on and ran the foil topped card front through my laminator. I've found my laminator does better if it has those extra couple of minutes. I grabbed my Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire Distress Mini Ink pads and just pulled them across the card front giving a windy look to the background. I used a water pen to blend out the harsh lines from the ink pads. It's softened up with not much water. The card fronts hold up pretty well to water anyways. I then scraped the edge of the card front with the Chipped Sapphire just giving it a darker edge. A substitute for using a mat.


I die cut a piece of Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink using a Stitched Hillside Borders die from Lawn Fawn. I adhered the snowflake panel to a white A2 top fold card base using iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Therm O Web and then adhered the hill on the bottom edge using the same glue. I set the card base aside and started die cutting all the fun pieces from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Cozy Winter Thinlits dies. I pretty much used the cover sheet from the dies as my guide for colors... except for the bears scarf. I wanted to do a fun green. I used Dark Chocolate, Kraft, New Leaf, True Black, Pure Poppy and Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink for the bear. I Copic colored with YG11, G24 and G46 on the scarf; and colored the front of the mug on white card stock using BG70 and BG72. For the branch I die cut it from Early Espresso card stock from Stampin' Up. The snow is Stampers Select White card stock that I added some shadow to with a C00 and C1 Copic marker.


I die cut all the pieces for the little bird and adhered them all together using the iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Therm O Web. I used Stampers Select White, Kraft, and Pure Poppy card stocks for the bird. I Copic colored the beak using YR12 and Y11; the Kraft and white card stock of the bird's body using E000, E51, and E55; the Pure Poppy card stock of the head and tail using R20, R14 and a tiny bit of R46; the white card stock of the wing using N0, N2, N4; and lastly YR12 and E55 on the white feet of the bird. To finish off the card, I stamped a sentiment from the Simple Little Joys itty bitty stamp from Unity. It was a perfect fit because I find joy in snow and a good cup of coffee. This was such a fun card to make!


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 49 for the month of September. Loving this sketch! I can't wait to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of super creative inspiration this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. Great background for the bear! He's one of my favorite critter dies! Love the way your card turned out... the foiled snowflakes are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Denise!! I've been so inspired in the {BYSHC} group with lots of cards featuring this fun bear! I just had to make a card with him!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.