Friday, August 4, 2023

First Halloween Card of 2023 ~ Spooky Spirits and Starlight Background ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there friend!
Today I'm sharing my first Halloween card for 2023!! Unity's August release is spook-tacular! You are going to love all the fabulous Halloween goodies available on the website! I have a whole slew of fun ideas for some of the new stamps, but up first is the fun Spooky Spirits and Starlight Background.
 

The background is so cool... filled with stars and moons and I thought it would be a fun backdrop for the spooky martini glass. The Starlight Background stamp is just simply stamped with black ink and then I colored the moons and a few stars very lightly with YG21 leaving some white space in the middle of the moons.


The background is adhered to a piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock from Stampin' Up. It measures 4-1/8 x 5-1/4". And the card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" is Rich Razzleberry card stock, also from Stampin' Up. I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and mat it with a scrap of Rich Razzleberry card stock.


The fun Spooky Spirits glass is stamped on white card stock with Black Amalgam ink. I also stamped the spider and the spiderweb. I did have to extend one part of the spiderweb to touch the glass. I used a copic fineline pen to just draw a line to touch the glass. I die cut the Spooky Spirits glass with a stitched circle die from the Scallops & Circles Nesting dies. And then I ink smooshed it a bit with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink. I added a bit of YG21, YG11, and G14 to the martini. I'm not totally sure if the Copics are okay coloring over the oxides. I don't think I've done that before but so far my Copic markers are fine. I colored up the eye balls using RV000, RV21, RV34. I used the green Copic markers to color up the iris of the eyes, but it's really hard to see that touch of green.


I adhered all my layers and then adhered them to an white A2 card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11", scored at 5-1/2". So happy to have a Halloween card to add to my stash. Do you like to make Halloween cards? I'd love to hear... let me know in the comments. Have an inktastic day!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

4 comments:

  1. Love the spooky martini design and the very cool background! Great card!
    Halloween is right up there tied with Christmas for my favorite cardmaking occasions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Denise! Halloween cards are my favorite, as well! Right there with Christmas cards!

      Delete
  2. Great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.