Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Emboss Resist with ZIGs Watercolor Wash ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is a fun twist on a technique I shared last month using ZIGs for a quick watercolor wash background... the twist? Throwing some Emboss Resist in there!


First up, I used the gorgeous flowers from the November 2021 Kit of the Month called Kinda Sorta Love Ya for a pretty Fall card. The flowers were stamped with white pigment ink and I heat embossed white embossing powder that I had applied to the wet ink. This shiny raised design is what resists the watercolor wash from the ZIGs.


I used Yellow, Bright Yellow, Orange, Brown and Mid Brown ZIGs for the background. Also used those colors to darken the flowers... adding Light Green and Olive Green for the leaves and stems. The watercolor washed background was die cut with the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Die Set. I then adhered it to an Early Espresso card front and adhered the entire panel to a white A2 card base.


 The sentiment is from the Cut Apart Sentiment Strips... these strips come in handy when you need a quick sentiment for a card!


 Such a fun card to make!


Next up is a rainbow-filled birthday card featuring the awesome Rainbow Birthday stamps... illustrated by Graciellie Design and available in red rubber at Unity! So happy to have this one in my collection! I stamped the candles on watercolor paper, also heat embossing them.


For this background I used Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple ZIGs. Die cut the watercolor washed panel using the largest die from the Scallops & Rectangles Nesting Dies. Adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base.


I also heat embossed and watercolored the cake and an extra candle... doesn't it look yummy?! Used the same ZIGs that I used for the background. Added a touch of Light Grey for some shadow on the white icing. I also used the same rainbow ZIGs to watercolor stamp the sentiment.


Fussy cut the cake and candle and adhered them together. I added a bunch of foam tape to the back of both and popped it up on the card. Trimmed the sentiment and popped it up on the card with foam tape, as well.

You can check out my process video here for creating the backgrounds... Emboss Resist with ZIGs Watercolor Wash | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co.




Such a fun and simple technique with so many possibilities depending on what colors you use and the mix of stamps! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!


Inky Hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the video and will try this fun technique! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Denise!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.