Tuesday, August 1, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 36 ~ Snowflake Border Die ~ Gina Marie Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a Christmas card using a leftover piece from one of my linky party cards. If you're interested, you can check out the linky party card here. I also used the beautiful Snowflake Border die from Gina Marie Designs. I had purchased this die in hopes of using it for the linky party but never did use it. I'm so glad I was finally able to. I love it!


A fairly simple card for Sketch 36. I went back and forth with the idea of running the Cool Caribbean card front through my Big Shot with a snowflake embossing folder but I really wanted to go with more of a CAS design. I also considered adding a white mat behind the stenciled panel, but decided against it. I think if I was to remake this one, I might add that mat. What do you think? 


As I mentioned, the focal panel is a leftover from a card I made for the linky party. I used Seedless Preserves and Broken China Distress Oxide inks over the Snowflake Net Stencil from A Colorful Life Design. I had blended the inks over a 6 x 6" piece of white card stock so it was fun to be able to use this piece for this card. I added a white glitter enamel dot from the Winter Sparkle Glitter Style enamel dots, also from Gina Marie Designs.


To keep with the color combo, I added a strip of white card stock. That's a scrap that I literally just pulled out of my storage. No idea how wide it is but it's 4-1/4" long. I die cut a piece of Orchid Opulence card stock from Stampin' Up for the Snowflake Border die. I trimmed the top and adhered it under the white strip. The sentiment is from Gina K Designs and it's called Wishing You Mini Stamp Set. I still had this on my desk from the last week. I wasn't quite brave enough to stamp the sentiment on the white strip so I stamped it on a scrap, trimmed it up and adhered it under the focal panel. It's the tiniest bit wider than the white strip but I think it's ok.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 36 for the month of August. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Crystal! I'm new to your Sketches and wondering if we are to strictly adhere to the measurements indicated - or can we 'wing it' and use it a guidline? LOL
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele! The sketches are always meant to inspire, not require... so please, feel free to wing it! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.