Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ August 2023 Whit Kit Vintage Blooms & Botany ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I had lots of fun playing with the August 2023 Whit Kit from Unity Stamp Co. I made three cards featuring this fabulous kit. Three VERY different cards.


First up is a card featuring a beautiful pattern paper from the Vintage Blooms & Botany {paper pack}. This piece of pattern paper is my absolute fave from the pack! I love that beautiful yellow flower. I cut the pattern paper to 4 x 5-1/4" and then cut away a couple of strips. I adhered the pattern paper to an A2 top fold card base of Kraft Card Stock from Papertrey Ink.


Stamped the sentiment with Sugar Cube Pigment Ink from Taylored Expressions. I added some Alabaster White Embossing Powder to the wet ink and then melted it with my Wagner Precision Heat Tool. Next, I die cut it with a stitched banner die from the Banner Nesting Dies {sadly, these may be retired}. I popped it up on the card with Scotch 3M Double Sided 1" Foam Tape. Card one done!


My second card... are you surprised I used that beautiful yellow flower again?! Hahaha! This card had a mind of it's own. Not at all what I was planning for this one, but I sure do love how it turned out. I cut the pattern paper in strips and added it to a piece of Kraft Card Stock. Next, I die cut it with a die from the Make a Tag Die Set. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment like I did for the previous card. I laid it on the tag piece and then secured the tag die to the sentiment with washi tape. I ran it through my Big Shot and adhered it to the tag.


I used the Woven 3D Embossing Folder from Tim Holtz for my bottom layer. I also die cut it with the largest die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies from Unity. I blended or distressed the edges of the tag, card base, and the die cut woven layer using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered the woven layer to a Kraft A2 top fold card base. And then I popped up the tag using Scotch 3M Double Sided 1" Foam Tape. Love how this turned out!


And my last card... I just HAD to play with the cool stencil in this month's kit. I also wanted to ink up more of the stamps. I secured the stencil over a card front of Stampers Select Card Stock from Papertrey Ink using iCraft Purple Tape. I masked the two left rectangles and blended Milled Lavender Distress Oxide Ink. I think there's some other purples mixed in there though. I need to clean my blending brushes! Anywho, I moved the mask to cover the right and left side rectangles. I then blended Crushed Olive Distress Oxide Ink. I moved the mask to cover the green rectangle and blended Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink. Still using colors I normally wouldn't grab. And I love how it turned out!


I stamped three of the Vintage Blooms & Botany stamps over the rectangles using Black Amalgam Ink from Gina K. Designs. I also stamped the sentiment on a long piece of white card stock. I trimmed up the panel cutting 1/8" off of each side. I then adhered the sentiment to the panel and trimmed off the excess. All that was left was to adhere it to the white A2 top fold card base.


Here's a look at the wonderful Whit Kit for August!! Such a lovely card kit! This wonderful card kit is available for only $42.99. That includes shipping! Members get a $6.95 discount on every order from Unity over $45. Members are also able to purchase past Whit Kit stamp sets for just $14 and past Whit Kit paper packs for $2 off!! So awesome!!! 

That's it for me today! I'll be back next week with inspiration for the Kit of the Month membership... I hope you'll stop by again and check it out. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.