Friday, September 23, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 26 ~ Winter Birdie Swag ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm so excited to share my weekly Christmas card using the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 26 today because it's an adorable new Christmas stamp that was just released at Unity Stamp Co. and it's called Winter Birdie Swag! Isn't he just THE cutest bird?!? I just adore him!


I paired him up with the Simple Vintage Country Christmas 6x8 paper pad from Simple Stories. I think the polka dots worked well with the pom poms on his hat and the berries on the tree. And to break up the pretty polka dots I went with a red sentiment paper. The 1/8" strips of the green paper add just a touch more green to compliment the green from the polka dots.


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up this sweet bird:

Bird ~ W00, W1, W3
Hat ~ YG11, G24, G46
Pom Poms ~ C00, C2, C3
Branch ~ E55, E57, E59
Berries ~ R20, R14, R27


I die cut the cute Winter Birdie Swag with a die from the X Stitched Circles dies from Gina Marie Designs. Now I had some fun with Sketch 26 this time and made it into a Fun Fold Card... yay!! I just love how it turned out too! I think you can see the bit of shadow under the right side of the focal piece... the card opens on that side and the polka dot paper continues under there on another flap for the card. I did a little boomerang video showing the card opened. You can see that below.


Such a fun twist on the sketch! The card base measures 5-1/2 x 11"; scored at 3-1/2" and 7-3/4".


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 26 for the month of September!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with my weekly Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.