Friday, September 16, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 26 ~ Shakin' Things Up ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 26 and this time I'm using one of my most favorite stamps from Unity called Shakin' Things Up! The adorable owls from Unity have been some of my most favorite stamps and I collect snow globes so this one was a must!! I just adore it! And it's not super Christmassy so really it could be used for different occasions.


I chose to go with a wintry Christmas card for this one. I happened to color it up before picking my papers but with so little color other than neutrals I decided to focus on the blue I colored around the edge of the globe. I went searching through my papers and thought the Really Rainbow Christmas paper pack from Lawn Fawn was perfect!  


I cut the rainbow snowflakes paper to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base. I then adhered the 2-1/2 x 5-1/2" blue with white polka dot paper in the center and then I used a little trick I like for a faux mat. I cut two 1/8" strips of white card stock and adhered them on either side of the blue pattern paper. It breaks up the pattern papers like a mat does but it doesn't have the same bulk.


I fussy cut the snow globe and cleaned up the edges by coloring them with a Memento Tuxedo black marker. It gives the image a nice black edge. I trimmed up the sentiment and adhered it to a scrap of red pattern paper. I popped up both the snow globe and the sentiment on the card with foam tape.


Before I had fussy cut the snow globe I added some glitter. I used a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss pen to add glitter to the top portion of the snow globe. You can see a bit of the glitter around the owls eyes.


And then for the bottom portion of the snow globe where the snow would sit in the snow globe, I used Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter drops to just color in the space. It dried clear and left it all pretty and sparkly! You can see some more of the glitter on the owl in this picture.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 26 for the month of September!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with my weekly Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.