Friday, September 9, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 26 ~ Let it Snow ~ Doodlebug Design

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card using the {BYSHC} Sketch 26 from the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. It seems to be each month I use the adorable Let it Snow collection from Doodlebug Design! I've been working hard to use up all the scraps I have left in my Let it Snow paper pad... well, I found another paper pad!! LOL... I guess I had bought two. So, I'm basically starting over with this goal! But it's actually ok because I have a whole bunch of Let it Snow Doodle Pops and a couple packs of the Ephemera with a lot of die cut pieces so I could use more papers with those for cards. Today I'm sharing a couple cards using the adorable Doodlebug Doodle Pops.


Please forgive the quality of this photo... the acetate on the little Snow Wonder Shaker Pop made it difficult to get a nice photo in my photo box. It almost looks blurred. :( It's so cute in person though!!


I used a scrap of paper from my first paper pad and the card front piece is from the new paper pad. I adhered them together and instead of matting the diagonal stripes paper I cut 1/8" strips of white card stock and adhered that along the edge. This is a really good trick for a faux mat without adding more bulk to the card. 


The sentiment is one of the cut apart sentiments from the paper pad. It's mat on a piece of white card stock. Such a cute and easy card... no stamping just cutting and gluing!


My second card using another scrap from my old paper pad and a card front from the new paper pad. I also added the white card stock strips - my faux mat.


The cute little scene here features a few different Doodle Pops - the penguin is from the Playful Penguins Doodle Pop, the tree is from the Special Delivery Doodle Pop, and the bird is from the Polar Pals Doodle Pop. I grounded the little scene using C00 and C2 Copic Markers.


The little snow stickers are from the Let it Snow Shape Sprinkles stickers pack. And the sentiment is another cut apart sentiment from the paper pad.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 26 for the month of September!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch!


Two more cards for my Holiday card stash!! Woohoo! I hope that my cards today have inspired you to pull out those Christmas goodies and make some cards! This year is flying by and the holidays will be here before we know it! If you're interested in seeing more inspiration for this sketch, head over to the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog... the design team is sharing some really cute cards this week! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.