Friday, December 4, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Christmas Inspiration and a Farewell

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today is my final blog post for Scrapping for Less. I have a quick card to share that I created using the October 2020 FOTM and then I'd like to go down memory lane a little bit with you. This is kind of a long post, but it's mostly pictures... with a little chatter. I hope you'll stick around until the end.


I just love the Merry Christmas sentiment in the Christmas Elements stencil that was included in the Banana Split subscription of the October 2020 FOTM card kit. I actually used it and had planned on sharing an extra card for the hop and reveal for the October kit but I didn't have enough time. So I set it aside for another day. I have a quick video sharing my process for this card. 
You can check that out... here.





I really love how this turned out! I hope you like it too!


Now for some reminiscing... 


Way back in August of 2017 Teresa and Kim asked me to guest design for Scrapping for Less. This is my second card as a guest designer. Why didn't I share my first card? Well... I like this one more. lol
After a short guest design gig, Teresa and Kim asked me to join the design team and I was so elated!!
I'm very grateful for the opportunity that Teresa and Kim gave me... it was literally the beginning of a crazy crafty journey that has led me to design for other companies and start my YouTube channel AND to illustrate some of my very own physical and digital stamps. 
So I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Teresa and Kim!! 

Now I'm going to share some of my favorite cards over the 3-1/2 years that I've designed for SFL and throw in some of my favorite cards created with my own stamps that I designed for SFL too.


One of my absolute favorite cards... a slimline before the latest slimline trend! I colored and paper pieced this sweet scene way back in November 2018. You can check out the original post here... Have a Magical Christmas.


Another favorite... the black base and pop of Fall colors really make this card so beautiful. You can check out the original post here... Fall Breeze card.


Now this card has a special place in my heart as the first ever stamp that I designed for Scrapping for Less. I really enjoyed the process going back and forth with Teresa and Kim designing this beautiful stamp. You can check out the original post here... Nordic Winter card.







I was so honored when Teresa asked me to design the first ever stamp sets to be released outside of the card kits. I had so much fun designing the adorable Winter Fairies and the coordinating Fairy House. So much fun to illustrate and then to see them as physical stamps... awesome! There's still a few sets available in the shop if you'd like to add these to your collection {click the links above}!!


What little girl doesn't dream of being Cinderella?! I had a blast drawing these glass slippers. You can check out the original post here... It's All About the Girls. And there's still some of these sweet Glass Slippers in the shop!


Often times, Teresa would just give me a general idea for the stamp and let me run with it. I sure love the way this one turned out... I drew it with my daughter in mind. You can check out the original post here... Layered Stencils for CAS Cards. This cutie is still available in the shop... Live Your Best Life.


Another fun one that turned out really cute. Here's the original post... City Streets and Country Roads. There's only a couple of these left in the shop... Country Roads.


I had to giggle a little when Teresa shared her idea for this stamp. A chicken blowing bubble gum...?! Haha!! Definitely a fun request and one that I enjoyed drawing. Here's the original post for this one... Bubble Galore. You can add this hilarious stamp to your collection here... Blowing Bubbles.


And the last stamp that I designed for Scrapping for Less... I adore snowmen so this one I will cherish forever! Here's the original post for this one... Christmas is Covered.


Well... that was a little long, but I hope you enjoyed reminiscing with me. I do have one last card to share and this one is my absolute favorite card of all time while creating for Scrapping for Less...


I love love love this card! The design is so pretty. I'm so happy with the coloring on the die cut pieces. And that sentiment speaks to my soul! You can check out the original post here... City Streets and Country Roads Sneak Peek. This die is actually still in the shop!! Get it here... Flowery Camera die!!

Okay. Well, I've delayed the end here long enough. 


Thank you SO MUCH for following my crafty journey while with Scrapping for Less! 
See ya next time.


Inky Hugs,

Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.