Thursday, August 10, 2017

Scrapping For Less ~ Another Look at the Thanks Card die

Hello again! Today I have for you another fun card using the Thanks Card die from Concord and 9th. The design of this die makes it very versatile... just with a couple of snips here and there, you can use the die cut Thanks as a focal point in a whole other way.




I started my card with a piece of watercolor paper. I thought it would be fun to do some watercoloring with the Nuvo Embellishment Mousse so I dabbed a little bit on my palette and sprayed it down with water. I sprayed my watercolor paper just a bit so that the color would flow and then using my water pen I added some color to the paper.




 Here's a close up view of the mousse - it gives such a beautiful shimmer. I love it! I set that aside and started to cut strips of card stock in blue greens or is it green blues?! Ha! I adhered those on a scrap of white card stock and used the dies to cut out the word Thanks. The shimmer on the watercolor paper made the letter look too plain so I decided to give them some glittery fun with some sparkle silk. I then wanted the letters to pop just a bit more so I die cut the Thanks one more time with white card stock and off set that layer underneath the ombre strips. I really love how it makes the letter pop! At this point I knew I needed just something else... so I walked away and thought about it. Isn't it funny how walking away from a project just for a little bit gives you a different perspective when you come back to it?! Well, I came back and just knew this card needed this fun flourish accent and a few sequins to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.