Sunday, August 27, 2017

Scrapping for Less ~ Flavor of the Month ~ Hello

Hello again! I'm here with another look at the August Flavor of the Month card kit. I have a few cards to share with you and a fun tag!  




I thought that it would be fun to make a couple shaker cards using the Pink & Main Hello dies from the Banana Split subscription. I was able to use just two pieces of The Story of Us paper from the fourth collection by alternating the papers for each card. I finished up the package of Kennedy Grace sequins and my last flower for this collection. I used a couple of scrap pieces of acetate and some other shaker elements in my stash to complete the card. I think they turned out pretty cute!




The shaker cards left me with these outlined 'hello' cuts, so naturally I just had to make a card (or two) using them, as well. Can I share a secret with you? Do you see the back layer of my cards? The stripes on one and the floral on the other. Those aren't full card front sheets. I cut out the middle of those sheets for another use. Just another way to stretch out every piece of paper in your stash.
I wanted to keep these cards pretty simple so I added a few strips of washi tape and popped up the hello die cuts and adhered that onto a white card base (with our outline of patterned paper ;) and there you have two more cards.




The Banana Split subscription also includes a couple fun natural canvas tags. I just had to pull out some stencils and my distress spray stains and get inky! Seriously, I had blue fingers all day after spraying the Mermaid Lagoon stain! Haha! I don't mind though. Anywho, once I had the tag sprayed using a few stencils, I thought... why not make a stencil using the Pink & Main Hello die in the kit?! So I did, but I only made a partial stencil... I only cut out the letter 'h'. I hot glued the flowers that I had set aside for this tag and found some fun buttons in my stash. I cut a hole in the top of the tag and secured the jumbo eyelet using my good ole' crop-a-dile. I found some ribbon and twill in my stash that I tied off with some twine and the last little touch came from a gift I received from my husband this week that included this sweet little fresh pearl on the gift packaging. I just love how this came together!! Oh, and I used some clear Wink of Stella on the letter 'h'... it's so shimmery and fun!

Have you signed up yet for the next Flavor of the Month card kit?! 
Go check out the details ---> here.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.