Friday, January 17, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Winter Fairy House ~ Fairy Warm Winter

Hello there crafty friends!
Today I'm sharing a sweet little copic colored scene created using the cute Winter Fairy House stamp set from Scrapping for Less!! I am loving this adorable fairy cottage... it looks so cozy!


I knew that I wanted to create a little snowy scene with the cottage from the Winter Fairy House stamp set and the trees from the Winter Fairies stamp set. They work perfectly together!! I stamped the cottage on a card front of white card stock measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then stamped the cottage and trees on another piece of white card stock and colored them with the following copic markers:

Fairy Cottage ~ BV00, BV02, BV08, BV11, R00, R81, R83, Y000, Y11, N0, N1, N2, N4
Trees ~ YG0000, YG11, YG61
Snow ~ C00, C1, C3
Sky ~ B0000, B000, B00, B01



Once all the trees and the cottage were colored, I fussy cut them and cleaned up the edges with a Memento tuxedo black marker. I even cut apart a pair of trees giving me more options in creating my scene. I then set the images aside and grabbed the card front that I had previously stamped the cottage on. I wanted to create a snowy scene but still have a lot of white left on the card... since I was going to basically paper piece the cottage I was able to color over the image on the card front but still have an idea of placement for all of the images. 


I started by drawing a light line of blue with the lightest blue copic marker across the card front to divide the sky and the snow. I then colored the sky by just flicking my markers upwards working from lightest to darkest blue until I was happy with the blend. I then added just a little bit of shadow with a light gray copic marker for all of my snow. I placed the trees in the areas that I planned to adhere them and colored the shadows for those, as well. 


I adhered all of the elements for my scene using a liquid glue and then adhered the entire panel to a dark purple card base... I think this turned out really cute! To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and mat it on black card stock. I adhered it to the card and decided this one was done. I just love how cozy this little scene feels!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.