Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Christmas Card Challenge ~ Rustic Watermelon with Victorian House

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing inspiration for the new December Card Challenge for the Scrapping for Less: Show & Share Facebook group! This month is a Christmas Card Challenge. Super easy peasy... just enter your newly created Christmas card to the album! I think this would be a great way to get us inking up the new products from the October 2020 Christmas is Covered card kit!! But really you can enter any Christmas card that you've created, but please only newly created Christmas cards!

Before we get any further... the key to playing along with the challenge is being a member of the Scrapping for Less: Show & Share Facebook group so if you aren't already a member be sure to join in the fun ---> here. Also, please note that you don't need a blog to enter the challenge as you're adding a photo of your creation directly into the challenge album in the group. You are welcome to include a link to your blog in the description of your creation, if you'd like.

Ok... enough chit chat... let's get to my card!


So... I had a little fun with this card. Do you recognize the patterned paper I used? If you said Rustic Watermelon, you're right!! Yes, I had a fun idea for a pink and green Christmas card using the Rustic Watermelon papers. What do you think?! It's different... but I think it works!


I used the scalloped rectangle die and stitched rectangle die from the My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 dies. For the focal image I die cut white card stock with a Stitched Rectangle STAX die, also from My Favorite Things. I wrapped the focal panel with a light pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon from my stash. I then tied a knot with the ribbon and cut fishtails on both ends for a faux bow. I did some simple copic coloring on the house with the following Copic Markers:

House ~ W00, W1, W3
Roof/Accents ~ N2, N4, N5
Windows ~ Y06, Y35
Bows ~ R27
Wreath ~ G000, G14
Snow ~ C00, C2
Christmas Lights ~ Y06, YR15, R27, G14, B02



And since I was already working on the one card, why not make two!


It took me a bit to find a green ribbon that works well with the green in these papers. I ended up using New Leaf Topnotch Twill Tape from Papertrey Ink.


Here's a closer look at the added shine from the Ranger Glossy Accents that I added to the windows and Christmas lights. Such a fun touch to the house!

I have a video on my YouTube channel sharing my process in making these cute cards!
You can check the video out... here!






I love how these two cards turned out using non-Christmas papers! I hope you like them too and are inspired to join us in the Christmas Card Challenge!

The December Christmas Card Challenge will run from today, December 1st, and will end December 31st at 11:59pm EST. The winner will be announced in the comments of the challenge album on Friday January 1st. Please use #sflchristmascardchallenge in any social media posts when playing along with the challenge. I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.