Friday, November 27, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ November 2020 FOTM Card Kit ~ A Little Inspiration

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a little more inspiration using the November 2020 FOTM Card Kit Simply Sentimental. I had a fun idea for a quick card while creating my cards for the hop and reveal so I gave it a quick try... Loved it!! So I decided to make three more cards using the same techniques and they really were quick!


My first original card... I started with a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Pink Lemonade card stock. I inked up the de-bossed side {the side that indents) of the Hearts Embossing folder with Sweet Blush dye ink from Papertrey Ink. I then ran the embossing folder through my big shot... now when I did this the card stock jumped a bit {my plate is really bowed in the center... I keep flipping it over but I think it's time to replace the plate} and that's why the bottom portion of the card looks blurry... almost 3D. 
 

Anywho, I do love the texture that this technique gives to the card!! I trimmed down the card front to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered it to a Kraft card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then wrapped the card front with the beautiful ribbon that I received in the Banana Split goodies! With a separate piece of ribbon I tied a bow and I adhered it with a glue dot. I stamped the sentiment from the Thanks So Much stamp set found in Collection Two with Classic Kraft ink from Papertrey Ink. I masked the little heart in the sentiment... I thought it would be fun to use a little heart punch from my stash to add a little interest to the sentiment. I finished off this card with a few sequins, also from the Banana Split subscription.


My second card... I used the very same technique for this card and the next two. For this one I used Picket Fence Distress Ink in the embossing folder and the Razzleberry card stock from the card kit.


I also used Raspberry Fizz dye ink from Papertrey Ink to darken the raised hearts and also for the heart at the end of the sentiment.


For card #3... I used Mint Julep dye ink. Isn't it beautiful!


This one just might be my favorite of them all!


And the last card... I used Melon Berry dye ink. It has almost a wood grain feel for this one with the colors and also the texture in the background.


And I changed things up with this one and used a different thank you sentiment from the same stamp set. I like how it changes up the design of the card.

I do have a video sharing the process in making the last three cards and finishing up the first card with the sentiment. You can check that out... here!






A look at all four cards! Which one is your favorite?! I'd love to know... if you have a minute, please share in the comments. Well, that's it for me this time!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.