Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20 ~ Birthday Present Marci ~ La-La Land Crafts

 Hello there crafty friend!
I am back with inspiration for the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch Challenge 20. I have picked out another paper pack leftover from my Scrapping for Less days. I absolutely love the colors in these papers!! I, again, don't know who made these papers or if they are still available. Sorry about that! I'm just so excited to be finishing up another paper pack!


Not only am I finishing up papers... I am also inking up stamps that haven't seen ink! A few years ago I was getting the La-La Land Crafts monthly kit and I haven't touched one of these kits. So I thought, why not grab one of those kits and see what we can make. Of course, I decided to go with a birthday themed kit because I'm still trying to build my birthday stash. But want to hear a secret?! I've been sending birthday cards!! For realz! So while I'm building my stash of birthday cards I'm also sending them out. So I need more!


Here's a look at the scraps I'm working with this time. I'm not sure if I'll officially include the tags as part of the leftovers. But I did use a few of the enamel dots from the leftover kit I opened up.


There was some fun products in this La-La Land Crafts monthly kit from August 2019... a couple sentiment dies and more stamps, but I chose this adorable girl and sentiment to play with. Trying to keep the cards I'm sending simple so the postage stays to the minimum. Of course, those enamel dots may call for extra postage, but we'll see. So for this card, I used the largest scrap {a 6x6" piece that I had already cut before taking the photo} for my background layer. I love the contrast of the stripes with the polka dots and the enamel dots play off of the dots in the paper.


I stamped the girl and sentiment using Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. I then colored up the girl using a bunch of Copic markers. I actually messed up the skirt while coloring. Did not like how it turned out! So I stamped the skirt on a scrap of white card stock and colored it up again. I fussy cut the skirt on the line and paper pieced it onto the girl. Easy peasy fix. Then I fussy cut the girl on the line and colored the edge of the fussy cutting using a Memento Tuxedo black marker {I also did that to the paper pieced skirt}. This makes the fussy cutting look much nicer! I trimmed up the sentiment and adhered it to the pink circle that I die cut using a 1-1/4" circle die from the Nesting Circles Die from Waffle Flower. I then adhered the sentiment to the girl and added foam tape to the back of both. Popped them up on the card and added those three enamel dots. I really like how this one turned out!

Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair: Y11, Y21, E23, E25
Lips: R20, RV11
Top: R20, RV11, RV14, RV06, RV19
Skirt: RV0000, R20, RV11, RV14, RV06, RV19 
Shoes: RV0000, R20, RV11, RV14, RV06, C00, C3
Present: Y11, Y15, Y35, G000, G12, G24


Here's a look at the fun new sketch for Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20. This sketch does call for larger pieces so if you have a fun paper pad you've been wanting to cut into... now's the time! The sketch, as always, is meant to inspire not require. So let the sketch lead in your design, but don't feel limited by it. My card is another good example of altering the sketch but still keeping within the sketch.


I'm so happy with how this card turned out! I hope you're inspired to play along with the sketch... and maybe even pull out some papers and stamps that you haven't played with yet! Have a wonderful week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.