Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 13 ~ Tuscan Tile with Darling Menagerie ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a new sketch and a cute card that I created using the sketch. I just couldn't wait to ink up the gorgeous new Tuscan Tile background stamp that was recently released by Unity in collaboration with Brutus Monroe! It just arrived in my order and I actually inked it up right away! I know I'm not the only one with uninked stamps laying around. It felt so good to ink this one up so soon after it arriving!!


Here's my sweet card using the sketch. I also inked up the adorable Darling Menagerie for the first time. I'm on a roll friends!! And it feels SO good! Haha!


Here's a look at the fun new sketch for Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 13. I saw a fun card on Pinterest not too long ago with a similar background and thought it would be fun to give this a try. Now you can see I added an element for my focal image and placed it over the background panels. The sketch, as always, is meant to inspire not require so let the sketch lead in your design, but don't feel limited by it. I have a few fun ideas for this sketch and I hope to play some more with it during the next few weeks.


To create the background I ink smooshed Shaded Lilac and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks. I placed the Tuscan Tile background stamp in my Stamp Platform and inked it up with Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink but I didn't ink it up fully. I dabbed the ink pad here and there leaving some of the stamp blank. And then I spritzed it with a bit of water... just a couple spritzes here and there. Not a ton of water because my white card stock is the Stampers Select card stock from Papertrey Ink that I always use. It holds up really well with a bit of water, but nothing crazy like a watercolor paper would. I just love how this background turned out!


I then cut my panels using the measurements from the sketch and adhered them to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2". I trimmed the cut apart sentiment strip that I think I received either in a Whit Kit or maybe it was a freebie... I can't remember. I thought it was perfect to pair up with this sweet cow from the Darling Menagerie though. I stamped the sweet cow with a mix of Seedless Preserves and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks. And then using a watercolor pen with minimal water, I colored the white portions of the cow with a bit of Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide ink. Isn't she just the sassiest but cutest little cow in purple!! I love her!


Since I used the same colors to stamp the cow that I used for my background, I needed something to place behind her for a bit of contrast. I found a die cut circle of True Black card stock {Papertrey Ink} in my stash. It was a little too plain so I splattered some Liquid Pixie Dust from Inkon3 that I diluted with a bit of water. Kinda makes it look like a sparkly moon. And it was perfect for a little background behind the cow. Such a fun card to make! I hope you're inspired to play along with the sketch... and maybe even ink up some stamps that haven't been inked up yet! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

4 comments:

  1. This is a great sketch and card! I inked up Wrinkle as soon as it arrived but it's so cool looking I haven't done anything with it! This gives me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chris! I am seriously loving this new background stamp.

      Delete
  2. It's really cute and lots of inspiration included in your blog on how you made it. Thanks so much ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.