Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Always Find a Way ~ Wrinkle & Mystical Mermaid ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm participating in a fun Instagram hop for a new release and collaboration between Unity Stamp Co. and Brutus Monroe. There's prizes and a whole bunch of inspiration so head over there to check it out. I just wanted to share a bit more information for my cards. First up is my mermaid card... 
 

I actually made the background for this card trying to figure out what colors I wanted to use for my typewriter card. It was not right for the typewriter card. BUT when I looked at it again, I thought it would be fun for a mermaid. It's different, for sure. 


The background was created by first ink smooshing Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink on a white card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then inked up the awesome new Wrinkle background stamp with Saltwater Taffy and Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide inks and just stamped it right over the inks smooshed card front. I also ink blended the Salty Ocean ink around the edges.


The sentiment and mermaid from the Mystical Mermaid stamps were stamped on white card stock with Black Amalgam ink. I also stamped the mermaid onto the background. I colored up the mermaid on the white card front with the following Copic Markers:

Skin ~ E00, E11
Hair ~ E70, E71,  E74
Tail ~ V000, V12, V15, V17, Y15, YR15, YG11, G14, G05, B00, B02
Rock ~ N0, N2, N4
Jelly Fish (on background) ~ V15
Bottom edge of Rock ~ B02

Once I was done coloring the mermaid, I fussy cut her on the line. Since I had stamped the mermaid on the background I was able to cut away the jelly fish and the dots... I even cut on the line between her hand and the rock and cut the little wisps of hair off. All those details came back when I paper pieced the mermaid to the background. I also cut between the fins. To make the whole piece nice and neat, I colored the edges black with a Memento Tuxedo black marker. All EXCEPT under the rock... there I colored the edge with a B02 copic marker. It helps make the rock look like it's in the water.


I added a bit of glitter to the mermaid's tail and the jelly fish using a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer pen. It's very subtle and does not show up in the photos, sadly. This card was so fun to make. I almost set this background aside but I'm glad that I used it. Head on over to the Insta Hop!! You have got to check out all the amazing cards! I'm sharing four cards over there... this one, plus my Father's Day Card from the Friends of Unity blog hop and two more cards. I'll be sharing the last two cards here on my blog soon. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss my posts {on the right hand side - just enter your email address}. I'll also be sharing a process video for my Masculine Birthday card from the Insta Hop on my YouTube so be sure to subscribe to my channel {link ^^^ at the top of my blog under the heading}. Ok. Well, that's it for me. Have an inktastic day!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.