Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Joseph's Coat Technique with a Twist ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is a fun little twist on the Joseph's Coat Technique. I shared a masculine card a few days ago using this technique but this time I've changed it up a bit.


I created a colorful background by blending Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, and Ripe Persimmon on a white card front. Next, I stamped the beautiful stamps from the Hive and Herb stamps using an embossing ink and I heat embossed each stamped image with a clear embossing powder. I then stamped the wonderful Honeycomb Chaos background stamp in the lower right side and heat embossed it, too.


Now for my little twist... I blended Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink over the background. Usually this technique uses a black ink. I know that's not super crazy or anything but it sure is fun! And I just love how the colors pop!


Another twist on this technique... since I used distress oxide ink I was able to do some water splatter on the card and look at that added dimension. Loving it! 


To finish off the card, I die cut the panel with the Postage Stamp {nesting dies}. I wrapped it with some copper metallic thread securing it on the back of the panel with tape. Adhered it to a yellow mat and then a dark brown card front. I then adhered the entire piece to a white A2 top fold card base. Stamped the sentiment with white pigment ink and heat embossed a white embossing powder. Trimmed up the sentiment and adhered it directly to the card.





Such a fun technique and so many possibilities depending on what colors you use for your base and for the pop! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a beautiful card! I've never done this technique, but I'm definitely going to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it, Wilma! It's such a fun technique. I hope you try it and have a blast! Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.