Saturday, March 21, 2020

Scrapping for Less ~ Flavor of the Month Card Kit ~ Glass Slippers Collection!

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing more inspiration using the Glass Slippers Collection from the It's All About the Girls card kit from Scrapping for Less! This is just one of the four fabulous collections included in this card kit and there are just a handful of card kits left so be sure to snatch yours up before they are gone!! I had so much fun with the pretty papers and the beautiful ephemera in this collection! Let's get to the cards, shall we?!


My first card uses a cut-a-part from the Glass Slippers patterned papers in the collection for the sentiment with a fun quote from Walt Disney. I thought it paired beautifully with the castle papers and the castle ephemera. I die cut a square window from the yellow leaf papers and also die cut the square scalloped window from the green paper. I trimmed down a piece of the castle paper just big enough to fit the scalloped window and adhered it to a 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" piece of Nightshift Blue card stock. I then adhered the patterned papers to the panel and tied some pretty white organdy ribbon from my stash around the panel and tied it off cutting the ends like a faux bow. I then adhered my panel to a white card base. I popped up the cut-a-part piece and the ephemera castle with foam squares. I really love the dimension that the window gives the card!


My second card was a very quick way to finish off those scraps of pretty patterned paper. I pretty much finished off the Banana Split card stock with this one, too. I used the yellow card stock for my card front that I adhered to a white card base. I adhered a 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" piece of Nightshift Blue card stock to the card and then mat my patterned papers to some of the Banana Split card stock. I adhered those to the card and cut my flag (or banner) piece. I adhered the flag piece and realized I had forgotten to stamp the sentiment after popping up the flower ephemera piece with foam squares so I decided to stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of white card stock, trimmed it and adhered it on the flag. To finish off the card, I added a few of the clear enamel dots. I really love the beautiful floral papers on this dark background... makes for a very striking card!


I have to admit I dug into my stash for this card... I had run out of Nightshift Blue card stock with that bottom strip across the card. I had a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of the Nightshift Blue card stock left over from a previous card kit so I used it. Again, I love the striking contrast with the dark background and the pretty blues, yellow and gold! So beautiful! I used another cut-a-part piece for my sentiment and the matching ephemera piece. These beautiful princess ephemera pieces are so gorgeous... I just love them!! And I was super excited to see that they are offered in the A La Carte section of the SFL shop ---> Glass Slipper Ephemera!!


I just love how my last card turned out!! For this card I used product exclusive to the Banana Split subscription... I love the extra goodies included in this month's kit!! I used the beautiful Flourish stencil to create my background. Since I wanted more of a dreamy background... kinda magical... I just used purple tape to secure the Flourish stencil over the Distress Watercolor card stock from my stash, rather than using Pixie Spray to secure it down which would have given clean crisp lines to the background. I sprayed the card stock lightly with water and then watercolor washed some Picked Raspberry Distress ink over the top left corner and the bottom right corner. I dabbed up the excess water and watercolor washed some Scattered Straw Distress ink (from my stash) that I watered down to get a lighter yellow color. I pulled up the stencil and dried the background with my heat tool.


I trimmed the background down to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered it to a white card base. I popped up the princess ephemera piece with foam squares and adhered a few sequins from the collection around the card. I then die cut the Beautiful Word die {exclusive to the Banana Split subscription of the card kit} several times from my last scrap of Banana Split card stock. I adhered three layers of the Beautiful Word die together and then adhered three more layers of the Beautiful Word die together. I decided I'd adhere the Beautiful Word die across the bottom of the princesses dress so I cut one of the layers of die cuts just after the letter 'e' giving me three layers of the word 'be'. I adhered those layers to the bottom of my other die cut of the Beautiful Word die and then adhered the entire die cut piece to the card. The extra layers under the 'be' portion of the die cut were perfect to keep the whole piece level with the height given to the princess ephemera piece from the foam squares. Love it!!

So, I've pretty much finished up this collection in my stash but I saw that the consumable products in the collections are available to purchase in the A La Carte section of the shop... the card stock, the pretty patterned papers, the ephemera, and the enamel dots!! I can restock my stash and make more pretty cards! Woohoo!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.