Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Unity Stamp Company ~ March 2020 Wildflower Wonders Whit Kit ~ Shaker Cards!

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing two versions of shakers cards using the March 2020 Whit Kit called Wildflower Wonders from Unity!! This monthly membership is designed by Whitney Magnuson of Unity Stamp Company and she has really put together some amazing kits. I really love the vintage feel of this month's kit with the delicate textures of the papers and the gorgeous sentiment stamps!


My first shaker card is a traditional shaker card that is a full A2 card size measuring 5-1/2 x 4-1/4". I adhered a 5-3/8 x 4-1/8" piece of clear card stock to the back of a large stitched scalloped frame that I had die cut from one of the papers in the Vintage Textiles paper included in the kit. I trimmed down another patterned paper and adhered it to a white card base from my stash. I then sprinkled some of the Pearl Confetti Sequins onto the card and popped up the frame with a thin foam tape. 


I stamped the sentiment with Kraft ink from Gina K. Designs on a scrap of the same patterned paper I used on the card base. I couldn't find quite the right size of a stitched rectangle die so I used a little crafty trick and thought I would take a few pictures and share them with you.


First you'll want to line up the die for your first cut... I usually do this on the top since it's easier for me to line it up just so.


And this is what you have after running it through your die cutting machine.


Now you want to line up the bottom portion of the image or sentiment and then gently move the die in your hands back and forth a tiny bit to make sure that it's in the grooves that are already cut.


And this is how it'll look after running it through your die cutting machine... there are a couple extra stitches at the top and bottom but those don't bother me.


I adhered the sentiment to the card with a liquid glue and then wrapped some of the beautiful jute string around the front of the card a few times and tied a little bow leaving extra long tails. A pretty simple but lovely shaker card!


My second card is actually a Faux Shaker card. It has the appearance of a shaker card but the pretty sequins don't actually move. I used three different papers from the Vintage Textiles paper pack for this card. I used the burlap for my bottom layer that is adhered to a white card base from my stash. I then die cut the center from the white burlap paper that I had trimmed down to about 4 x 5-1/4". I trimmed the floral paper to 3-3/4 x 5" and adhered it to the center of the card.


I stamped the Hello sentiment onto a scrap of vellum card stock from my stash with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed an ultra fine white embossing powder. I then stamped the beauty sentiment and did the same steps. I trimmed down the vellum card stock and adhered it to the card. I popped up the white burlap paper that I had set aside earlier using foam tape.... giving the card an appearance of being a shaker card. I then adhered a bunch of the sequins around the bottom portion of the cut out... even tucking some in under the scallops. I adhered a few more around the sentiment and was done. I love making faux shaker cards!! This one turned out so lovely!

You can check out all the details for this amazing card kit here ---> March 2020 Wildflower Wonders card kit!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.