Saturday, June 15, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ The Greeting Farm ~ Happy to Sea You

Hello crafty friends! 
Today, I have two fun cards using the adorable Happy to Sea You set by The Greeting Farm and I've paired it with the beautiful Watercolor Wishes paper by Lawn Fawn!! 


I love how easy it is to make a card using these beautiful papers for your background! They are so beautiful and all I needed to do was run them through the Big Shot with a fun die to create my background. For the cards I'm sharing today, I used the Stitched Circle Plate Background die by Gina Marie Designs. I die cut it four times... twice for the two patterned papers and then with white card stock and kraft card stock.


Once I had that done, I set it aside and stamped my sea creatures... oh my goodness... this set of sea creatures just might be my favorite!! The turtle... love! And that seahorse... adore!! I sure had a blast coloring all the images!!

I used the following Copic markers to color the images:
Turtle ~ G12, G24, G28, BG10, BG23
Whale ~ B21, B23, B26, T1
Clam ~ RV63, RV91, N0, N1, N3, R00
Seahorse ~ G12, G24, YG01
Jellyfish ~ RV91, V04, V12
Octopus ~ V04, BV000, BV00, BV04, BV13
Starfish ~ YR15, YR16, R12
Shark ~ N0, N1, N3
Seaweed ~ YG01, YG23
Coral ~ R12, R22


Once I had them all colored, I fussy cut them out as close to the black line as possible and then colored the edges with my Memento tuxedo black marker. That's a great way to make the edges look nice and clean. And then the fun part of building my scenes... so fun! On both cards, I wanted a creature to look like he was swimming through the circle so I used the whale on my first card and the shark on the second. I think it gives dimension to the card even though all the layers are adhered together. Yup... you read that right. I didn't pop up any of the images!! Lol!


But I did pop up the sentiments!!! I just love how these turned out!
I hope I've inspired you to create a fun scene using pretty papers and cute stamps!
Both items I've featured today are in stock in the SFL shop!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my blog!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.