Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Flowers in Bloom

Hello there crafty friends!
I have a friendship card to share today using the beautiful Flowers in Bloom digi set by
Polka Dot Orchard. I love this flower! It was so awesome to color!


I kept the flower digi rather large for the card and added the sentiment... I think it's a great combo of digis for a card front! Once I had that printed, I colored the flower using RV02, V04, V17 Copic markers... I love the way the purple blended with the pink. For the center of the flower I used Y06, Y13, Y17 Copic markers. I used YG01, YG23, and YG25 Copic markers for the stem of the flower. To finish off the flower I decided to add white dots using a white gel pen. 
I love the texture it gives the flower!

I die cut the panel using a Gina Marie Design's Eyelet Elegance Square die and I set it aside. I die cut a stitched rectangle piece of Lovely Lady card stock and then adhered a 2" strip of patterned paper from the Doodlebug Designs Simply Spring paper pad to that panel. I ran the white organdy ribbon around the panel and pulled it through the hole in the main image panel. I then tied a bow and adhered the popped up panel using dimensionals. For a last minute touch I added some flourish using a MFT die that I can't seem to find on the internet so I believe it's retired. I cut the flourish in half and adhered it just slightly tucked under the main panel... only adhering bits of it so it can pop up in spots for dimension.


Here's a close up of the card. I think it turned out real pretty!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.