Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ May 2023 KOM Bloom in Color ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for another Membership Wednesday and today I'm sharing a card using the gorgeous mountain and tree stamps in the May 2023 Kit of the Month called Bloom in Color. Love the fantastic mix of stamp in this month's kit! I thought the mountain and trees stamp would make a wonderful masculine card.


I really like the monochromatic vibe for this card. However, I really wish I hadn't added that ribbon on the right side. It throws off the balance of the card. I think I may redo this one and omit that ribbon. The background card front layer is a piece of pattern paper from the Let Your Soul Wander {paper pack}. It's trimmed down to 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" and adhered to a white A2 top fold card base that I've turned on the side. 


I stamped the lovely trees and mountain stamp using Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I then stamped it again adding a bit of Ground Espresso Distress Ink near the bottom of the stamp. I used a blending brush to soften the line of the ink on my stamp before stamping it. A great trick for avoiding those harsh lines when stamping with multiple inks.


I trimmed the stamped panel to 3" and adhered the ribbon around the edges securing it with tear tape. I then adhered the panel to a slightly larger piece of Early Espresso card stock from Stampin' Up. I roughed up the edges of the dark brown card stock using a Tim Holtz Paper Distresser. I stamped the sentiment using the Ground Espresso Distress Ink. Trimmed it up and adhered it over the a portion of the trees. This was such an easy and quick card. I think it's a great masculine card... and it could be for any occasion just by switching the sentiment. And minus the ribbon, of course. 


Here's a look at the whole Kit of the Month for May!! I wish I had had more time to play with this one! Can you believe that you get this full sheet of rubber for only $44.99. That includes shipping! You also get a $6.95 discount on every order from Unity over $45. And you can purchase any past kits for only $34 plus shipping. Such a great value!

I hope to see you next week for another Membership Wednesday blog post. I'll be sharing inspiration for the amazing new June 2023 Uniquely Unity membership... at least that's what I'm leaning towards.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.