Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Distress Crayon Background ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is all about quick and fun backgrounds with Distress Crayons!! I was chatting with a crafty friend about Distress Crayons and how we HAD to have them but we haven't played with them much, at all! So I thought, what better time to play with them and have some fun than for Technique Tuesday!


And they were so much fun! AND quick!! That's the key word when you're in need of a card ASAP. Am I right?


For my first card I made a Spring version using Mustard Seed, Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina Distress Crayons. These are my go-to colors for Spring.


I stamped the lovely silhouette stamp from the Meadow of Hope {April 2023 Whit Kit} with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. It's a tiny smidge crooked... but the crafty friend I'm sending it to won't mind. An easy fix would be to trim the panel and adhere it to a white base. Or cut a skinny strip of black card stock to run across that bottom. But I left it as is. 


I just love the font on this sentiment. Stamped so beautifully!


For my second card I made a Winter version... I know. I know. Enough with Winter. I can't help myself. I love Winter. I'd much rather snuggle up in a blanket by a fire to stay warm during the Winter than to lay absolutely still under the ceiling fan just to get some relief from the heat of Summer. Hahaha... but that's just little ole me.


For this background I used Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Crayons. Love love love this combo!! I will be using this combo again.


I used the gorgeous Shake Your Flakes {Front & Center stamps} for this card. One of my favorite Winter kits. I smudged this one up when I adhered it to the card base. I was devastated! Check out how I fixed it in my video down below.





These Distress Crayon backgrounds were SO much fun! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.