Saturday, May 20, 2023

Eclipse Circles ~ Kitten Kaleidoscope ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Have you seen the new kitty background stamp that was just released over at Unity Stamp Co? It's called Kitten Kaleidoscope and it got it me thinking about kaleidoscopes. Kaleidoscopes have a continually changing pattern of shapes and colors. Well, I didn't want to get too crazy with my card design but I thought it would be fun to play with some circles and add some dimension to a card... like a kaleidoscope vibe.


I stamped the background five times using Black Amalgam ink on white card stock. I then die cut a circle from four of the stamped card fronts using the four smallest circle dies from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. The three larger circles overlap a bit so that's why I stamped the background stamp five times so that I could die cut the three full circles. 


I adhered the three circles together using liquid glue so I could adjust them slightly to match the background on my main panel. I then added some foam tape to the back of the three circles and adhered them to the main panel. I also added foam tape to the smallest die cut circle and popped it up on the card.


The main panel is trimmed and adhered to a black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2".


You can see more of the Eclipse Circle effect that I created in this photo. So fun! The sweet little sentiment is from the Windowsill stamps... another cute stamp with a kitty. I die cut the sentiment with a small circle die from my stash. I continued the circle design by partially popping up the sentiment with a mix of foam tape and liquid glue. It overlaps the larger bottom circle just a bit.

You can check out my process video here... Eclipse Circles | Kitten Kaleidoscope | Unity Stamp Co.




I finished off the card by adding a few black enamel dots to keep with the circle theme. This was such a fun card to make and I think it would be a great masculine card. If you haven't already, head over to Unity and check out the awesome new releases and the fabulous sale going on now!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.