Friday, January 14, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 18 ~ Foxy Monochromatic Christmas

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a cute monochromatic card with a vintage vibe using the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 18 for the month of January and an adorable stamp from Unity Stamp Co!! Actually, I used four different stamp kits from Unity for this card... so fun to combine all these stamps for one card!
 

First I stamped the background for the bottom panel with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink on Kraft card stock using the Search for those Moments {Layers of Life 11/17} stamp kit and the Magical {Bliss and Wonder} {Layers of Life 10/13} stamp kit. I distressed the edges with a bit more Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink with a blending brush.


I stamped my favorite Christmas background stamp... The Christmas Tree background stamp... on a scrap of Kraft card stock with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink and trimmed it to a banner. I distressed the edges of the banner using the Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink.


I stamped the Foxy Christmas stamp and the sentiment... yup, you guessed it... with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink on Kraft card stock. I trimmed up the panel and then distressed it again with the Ground Espresso ink. I mat each of the layers with a slightly larger piece of Early Espresso card stock and then another slightly larger mat of Kraft card stock. Each mat was approximately 1/8" larger. 


I added a few scraps of card stock underneath the fox layer on the left side so that it would lay flat. I also added a couple scraps under the right side of the sentiment. A great trick to get all flat layers! I adhered the entire panel to a Kraft A2 top fold card base {turned on the side}. I finished off the card with a few Kraft enamel dots from the Cozy Flannel Gloss enamel dots pack from Gina Marie Designs.

Here's another look at the {BYSHC} Sketch 18 for the month of January!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! Come join in the fun over at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration, check out the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next Friday with my weekly Christmas card and more inspiration for the Sketch Challenge 18! And on a side note... Unity is having a sale with fun new releases for Angela's birthday!! Head over to the Unity website to check it out!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.