Saturday, January 15, 2022

Sending a Happy Hello with the Paint the Day Background Stamp ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Unity Stamp Co. is having a fun birthday celebration for Angela's 49th birthday!! Last week they released some fun new stamps and even some fabulous die sets... and this week they've released some more amazing stamps!! I'm sharing a card today using the amazing new Paint the Day background stamp kit!!


I had a fun idea for coloring this one up... I used a few different circle dies and lightly traced around them over the stamped Paint the Day Background. I did seven circles to represent the seven colors of the rainbow.


I copic colored the paint brushes within the circles using browns, neutral greys and cool greys.
Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:

Heads ~ {brown} E53, E55, E57, E59, {white} C00, C1, C3, C5, {grey} N0, N1, N3, N5, N7
Ferrules ~ N0, N1, N3, N5, N7
Handles ~ E21, E23, E25, E27, E29


And then I colored the background of each circle with a color of the rainbow starting with the top right circle. Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:

Red ~ R14, R20, R27
Orange ~ YR15, YR21, YR68
Yellow ~ Y00, Y06, Y35
Green ~ G07, G14, G20
Blue ~ B000, B00, B12
Indigo ~ BV02, BV04, BV08
Violet ~ V12, V15, V17


Once all the circles were colored I erased the pencil circles and trimmed my panel to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8". I adhered the paint brush panel to a black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and then adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base. I stamped the sentiment from the Sometimes I Wonder {March 2016 Sentiment Kit} with Wow Clear Embossing ink on black card stock and heat embossed Alabaster White Embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment and popped it up on the card using foam tape.


Such a fun way to do the spotlight technique! It did take some time and staying in the lines was also a bit of a challenge at times but it sure was worth it! Head over to the Unity Stamp Co. website to check out all the amazing new releases and of course, there's a wonderful sale!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! Yes, this is a super cute card!! xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, but I think I am going to just do the circles and then stamp on top of them. You are way more patient than I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! Love the circles in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.