Tuesday, October 1, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 50 ~ Flake Explosion ~ A Colorful Life Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a fun Christmas card featuring a fabulous stencil from our amazing sponsor, A Colorful Life Designs! A Colorful Life Designs has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 50 this month! So wonderful!!


I am a HUGE fan of A Colorful Life Designs stencils! I couldn't wait to play with this brand new stencil that just released today called Flake Explosion Stencil! Isn't that a fun name for this cool stencil?! I love it! I spritzed the back of the stencil with some Pixie Spray that temporarily adhered the stencil to my 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock. And then I ink blended Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide inks all over the stencil creating a fun blue background. I love blue for snowflakes!


I also ink smooshed a scrap of white card stock with those same three oxides and die cut it with the stitched circle die from the Ornamental Greetings Ornament dies from Unity {looks like these aren't available right now}. I stamped the beautiful new cabin and a tree from Bitty Forest that just released over at Unity using Black Amalgam ink. And then I die cut it using the plain circle die from the ornament set. I colored it up very simply with just a handful of Copic markers. I used B0000, B00, YG11, G24, G46, E55, and E57. I die cut a few more stitched circles from white card stock. I die cut three toppers from white card stock and adhered two together. I adhered those to the cabin circle. And then I adhered the stitched circles together and adhered them to the front of the cabin circle. I adhered the third topper to the back of the cabin circle and then I die cut one last plain circle from white card stock and adhered that to the back of the ornament. Gosh... I hope this all makes sense! I tried to record my process for this one but I had technical issues. 


Shaker cards and I don't get along very well. It's a love/hate relationship really and I didn't really want to mess with a shaker so I went with a faux shaker card. Actually, it's a faux shaker ornament. I added some Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue to the base of the ornament and just dropped some of the awesome Winter Wonderland Card Bling. I scooted a few around and then added those two strays on either end. I love how it gives the appearance of a shaker! So fun!


I finished off the card with a sentiment from Bitty Forest and I added a bit more Winter Wonderland Card Bling to the centers of the flakes. I added a bow to the ornament using a white organdy ribbon from my stash. And then I used three Pixie Dots to temporarily adhere the ornament to the card. So the recipient can remove the ornament and add it to their tree or leave it on the card. I love how this turned out! Head over to A Colorful Life Designs to check out the fab Christmas release and all the awesome new Card Bling!!


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 50 for the month of October. Loving this simple sketch! I can't wait to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of super creative inspiration this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.