Tuesday, October 15, 2024

September Scraps Cards in October ~ Purr-Fect Time Kitty with a Planner Gal ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing the last two cards I created using the leftover scraps I opened up last month. I've been working on these for awhile. I'm so glad I finally got them finished up.


Here's a look at the cards together. I love how the kitty card turned out! If I could change one thing, I would distress the edges of the girl. Just add a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges so it isn't so white on all the Kraft.


I adhered the strips of pattern paper to the base leaving a nice edge around the card base. And then I adhered the pink layer over top. I think it's a fun design. I found the gal from Planner Gal: Brave & Beautiful already stamped on my pile of images. I thought she would look nice with these papers. I die cut her using a die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Die Set. Colored her up with my Copic markers and then popped her up on the card with foam tape.

Here's a list of the Copic markers I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: E43, E44, E47
Hat: E21, E23, E25, R81, R83, R20, R14, YR27
Blouse: R81, R83, YG61, YG63
Pants:B91, B97


I thought it would be fun to use one of my many sentiment dies from Unity. I die cut a scrap piece of white card stock with the hello die from Chic Script Salutations {die set}. It was way too white for the card so I decided to color it with Copics. I used R81, R83, R20, and R14. I die cut the hello outline from Kraft card stock.


I really got stuck on this card! This card may be why it's taken me so long to finish up these paper scraps. I had the orange pattern paper rectangles adhered together and sitting on a Kraft card base... that's as far as I got. It just sat on my desk taunting me. Until I remembered the little kitty from the {Clearly Unity} Purr-Fect Time stamp set. {This stamp set is also available in red rubber... Purr-Fect Time.} I inked him up and colored him with the following Copic markers: C00, C2, C4, C5, YR21, and YR15 (orange background around the whiskers).


 I fussy cut the kitty and adhered him to the pattern paper. The Kraft card base was too plain so I ran a piece of Kraft card stock through my Big Shot with a random embossing folder. I trimmed the panel down to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered it to the A2 top fold card base. I blended a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the sentiment to soften the white and then I popped it up and the kitty/pattern paper focal piece up using foam tape. So happy to finally be done with these papers! I'll be back next week with one last card for the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 26. Have a wonderfully inky week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.