Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Pets Make Life Sweeter!

Hello! Today, I have a sweet card using the My Favorite Things New Best Friend stamp set! Have you seen this adorable set?! It's in the Scrapping for Less store right ---> here
I knew when I saw it, I just had to have it... even though, at this time, we don't have a pet in our home. I do, however, have a lot of family and friends with fur babies so I can make cards for them with this adorable set. Enough, chatter... let's get to the card!




I've been in a mood for white cards lately, but I decided with this one I wanted some layers. I stamped the main image using memento tuxedo black ink and then colored her in using a bunch of copic markers {Skin - E50, E51, E53, RV10; Dog - E02, E07, E08, E09, E21; Hair - YR20, YR23, YR31; Jeans - B95, B97; Boots - E34, E37, E39; Shirt - YG61; Ground - N0, N1, 0}. 
I paper pieced her shirt using a pack of papers that I normally wouldn't have reached for to make a 'shirt'. I used the Echo Park Go. See. Explore. paper pack. I loved the color and the fun geometric design was a bonus. I also used the paper for the dog's collar, but it's really hard to see. It's just a light blue portion of the other side of the paper.




Once the main image was colored I die cut it using a wonky circle die and set it aside. Next, I cut a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock and stamped the top portion with the tiny hearts from the stamp set using Distress Oxide Candied Apple ink. I dried it with my heat gun... just to be safe and then ran the card stock through my Big Shot using a paw print embossing folder just for the top portion. The bottom half was not in the folder at all. And then, I die cut the card stock using a stitched rectangle die. I adhered the embossed rectangle piece to a white card base using pop dots. I then popped up the main image using foam tape.




I got to thinking about what color to do the sentiment on and I thought I'd keep with the red from the hearts. So, I stamped the sentiment on red card stock using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed some ultra fine white embossing powder. I die cut the piece using a banner die and then adhered it to the card. But I wasn't done there... it needed some more love so I die cut a couple of hearts using the Lawn Fawn Hearts dies from the December FOTM kit. I then stamped and heat embossed a little paw print. How cute is that?! I adhered the heart popping up the edges to they didn't get smooshed later when I mail it. That's it for today... I sure hope you like this sweet card.


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.