Friday, February 9, 2018

Papertrey Ink Sketch Challenge ~ Sending You Sunshine

Hi there! I'm going to make this quick... I really want to get this entered for the PTI 11th Anniversary Sketch Challenge before it ends. I really struggled with this card... nothing was going right so I'm just going to enter it as is. Maybe later this weekend I'll have another go at it.




I die cut an oval shape on a thin piece of card stock and used that to mask the area that I wanted to blend my ink using the Dots Collection stencil. I also blended some ink around the edge of the oval to give it a little more definition. I die cut and then stamped the sunflowers several times using different inks... it's really hard to see in the picture. Unfortunately, my last color was some kraft ink around the center of the flower and that's where my first mistake took place. It smudged terribly. I finished up inking the flowers and the center for the flowers and then the leaves. I adhered the pieces together and then adhered them to the card layering them a bit. I stamped the sentiment and fussy cut the banner and adhered it to the card. Now, my last mistake was to add some wink of stella around the oval... for some reason the pen leaked and thank goodness, the mess it made isn't really visible in this picture. I do like how this turned out as an overall design and I hope to revisit it soon.





Here's the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Simple Sunflower
Card Stock: Aqua Mist, White
Ink: Lemon Tart, Bright Buttercup, Harvest Gold, Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Prairie Grass, Ripe Avocado, Hawaiian Shores
Tools: Simple Sunflower Die Collection, Dots Stencil Collection, Oval die (not PTI)
Miscellaneous: clear wink of stella



Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.